Viewing 5 posts - 121 through 125 (of 125 total)
  • Shame on you English
  • aracer
    Free Member

Actually, we would prefer if a UK government had the balls to create a UK Space Agency and directly fund the UK industry with us having the option to opt into ESA programmes – just like Germany, Spain, France, Italy etc.

Maybe if we weren’t making such a massive cotribution to the EU they’d have the funds to do it (actually scratch that – the money would just go on servicing their debts).

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

My father was a natural working-class Conservative, and while not at all racist, did not agree with unchecked immigration. He made the mistake of going to a National Front rally once and got roped into voting for them.

My mum was furious and it wasn’t long before a student through a brick through our front window. To be fair, if he were alive today he would probably vote UKIP as it’s much closer to his views (as I remember them).

Personally I feel that with BNP are direct descendant of the NF and that there is an underlying racism that is more than just media hype. They say they are not racist, but I don’t believe them. For me, their existence as a legitimate party contributes to legitimisation of racial intolerance and there are reasonable laws against that. I hope the authorities are keeping a close eye on their activities.

Please lets not forget the last centuries history lessons regarding “nationalist” political parties eh?

alpin
    Free Member

i moved to germany partly due to the influx of eastern ‘peans working for 1/3 of my normal wage.

things were already bad/going bad before the finance crisis.

the money that many EE’s earnt was sent back to their home country. i do not blame them for coming over and jumping at the opportunity to earn 2-3 times in a week what would usually take one month to earn back home.
    it is the same as th ‘auf wiedersehen, pet’ types back in the 90’s.

i blame the governments slack handling of the situation.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

So you have done exactly what you accuse others of. And Germany has more immigrants than the UK

alpin
    Free Member

yup. except i’m living here full-time with no intention of returning to the uk.

Viewing 5 posts - 121 through 125 (of 125 total)

The topic ‘Shame on you English’ is closed to new replies.