Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 125 total)
  • Shame on you English
  • druidh
    Free Member

For voting those cretins Griffin and Brons into the European Parliament.

Hang your heads in shame.

grumm
    Free Member

It’s really heartwarming to see that this result is going to be used in petty bickering and points-scoring between north/south, England/Scotland etc.

That said, my idea of moving to Scotland is starting to look more attractive by the day.

enfht
    Free Member

Scotish Nationism is OK then is it? 🙄

juan
    Free Member

Well I can’t really talk can I 🙁

beanum

We already have a racist nationalist party here in Switzerland. They produce wonderful propoganda like this:

I do hope the UK doesn’t go the same way…

roper
    Free Member

Jeebus, Mint Sauce has gone a bit, “hardcore” 😯

druidh
    Free Member

grumm – Member

It’s really heartwarming to see that this result is going to be used in petty bickering and points-scoring between north/south, England/Scotland etc.

I’d rather hoped that this thread would be seen as an ironic counter to the “you Northerners” thread. Once again, I forget that the internet is not the best place for subtle nuances.

enfht – Member

Scotish Nationism is OK then is it?

I trust that is a troll and that your grasp of UK politics is better than you’d have us believe.

juan
    Free Member

I’d rather hoped that this thread would be seen as an ironic counter to the “you Northerners” thread

Though so for a moment but then I wasn’t quite sure of it, but nothign to do with you more to my poor language skills

enfht
    Free Member

I don’t agree with SNP policy, I see them as xenophobic and anti-English.

Pigface
    Free Member

Imitation is the sincerest form of falttery

The Welsh have a strong history of bigotry cloaked in Nationalism

freakcrab
    Free Member

Don’t start this BNP same as SNP rubbish.
    The SNP don’t have a policy of forced deportation for people of non-scottish origins. They may have many members who don’t like the English but they don’t put it in the manifesto, unlike the BNP.
    If the BNP ever get power I’m trying my best to claim any plausable non-British origins. If they’re in I want out.
    It probably is more plausable to compare the SNP to UKIP as both are about “self-determination”. Not a support of either party BTW.

enfht
    Free Member

It’s not rubbish, it’s a valid opinion. The only difference is Scotish bigots have a veneer if credibility.

I blame Mel Gibson (who incidentally hates Jews)

Swello
    Free Member

enfht – Member

What “policy” of the SNP’s are you referring to?

tankslapper
    Free Member

But Alex Salmond does look like Nick Griffin………

freakcrab
    Free Member

Please point out when in SNP policy they state something approximating “when we are in power we’ll throw out all the English”.
    That’s BNP policy. Non-whites out. Don’t kid yourself that they’re something else.

enfht
    Free Member

Please point out when in SNP policy they state something approximating “when we are in power we’ll throw out all the English

I’m sure if I took the time to read the small print it would be in there somewhere.

CaptJon
    Free Member

The SNP don’t have a policy of forced deportation for people of non-scottish origins.

Neither do the BNP. Their policy is voluntary with financial incentives for the immigrants and country which takes them. Under that policy i’d be asked to leave as my family are Irish immigrants.

Personally, i think criticising the BNP for their immigration policies plays into their hands; it allow them to peddle their hatred – like they did on 5live this morning. The focus should be on their other policies which are just plain stupid. Have a look on their website, their economic policy is particularly ridiculous.

freakcrab
    Free Member

I see, we can’t argue our point but we can post pictures.
    Count me out of this discussion then.

sootyandjim
    Free Member

{As one who wouldn’t vote for racist cretins this is extremely ‘Devil’s Advocate’}

They may have many members who don’t like the English but they don’t put it in the manifesto, unlike the BNP.

So the SNP is better because whilst some of its members may be anti-English they aren’t open about it?

Curious.

grumm
    Free Member

Are you really trying to suggest the BNP and SNP are similar? Aren’t the SNP centre-left anyway? Shut up enfht. 🙄

enfht
    Free Member

😆

England 1, Mel Gibson 0

MrK
    Free Member

ENFHT – you’re an idiot. as an english person in scotland even i can see the worth of the SNP (and recongnise that they aren’t racist/xenophobic or otherwise belittling to minorities). do you really alex salmond is braveheart reincarnate? sheesh

GrahamS

Neither do the BNP. Their policy is voluntary with financial incentives for the immigrants and country which takes them.

Erm yes.. the SNP use financial incentives to ENCOURAGE immigrants to COME to Scotland.

Please don’t try to bundle them together – their policies are not even remotely similar.

enfht
    Free Member

Sorry, what does sheesh translate to?

Does it mean “good point raised” ?

alpin
    Free Member

-edit- i should say that the NPD is the political face of Nazism here in germany. one poster i saw recently said “lassen wir die kirche im dorf und die moschee in istanbul” translate literally to “leave the churches in the village and the mosques in istanbul” what it means is “leave things how they are and the mosques in istanbul”.
    the BNP is of the same ilk as the NPD. the ‘leaders’ of all the nationalistic/fascist parties come together to hear such idiots as David Duke speak.

german version of the rascist swiss poster. National; Partie Deutschlands

“good travel home”….!

from the christianpeoplesalliance.com – nice loving christians.

CaptJon
    Free Member

Neither do the BNP. Their policy is voluntary with financial incentives for the immigrants and country which takes them.

Erm yes.. the SNP use financial incentives to ENCOURAGE immigrants to COME to Scotland.

Please don’t try to bundle them together – their policies are not even remotely similar.

Woah, easy there GrahamS! I’m not saying the SNP and the BNP are similar. I was merely correcting freakcrab’s point about a BNP policy. If we’re going to undermine the fascists, we need to be accurate.

enfht
    Free Member

If we’re going to undermine the fascists, we need to be accurate

That’s precisely whats allowed such a huge BNP vote. Their arguments concerning real issues are never countered other than to shout “nazi”. A large portion of the left have prevented any rational debate under the guise of “anti faciscm” which is ironic really isn’t it.

GrahamS

Woah, easy there GrahamS!

Apologies. I was leveraging your statement to point the the idiocy of enfht’s comparison.

grumm
    Free Member

Has making incredibly ill-informed statements about the SNP and posting pictures from Braveheart helped to redress the balance do you think?

kevonakona
    Free Member

Just to counter the (rather over used) anti-english sentiments from all scots, can i raise you the anti-“jock” sentiments by all english.

Oh sorry is it not all is it a small but vocal minority in each land that causes knee-jerk reaction by some.

enfht
    Free Member

that causes knee-jerk reaction by some

That’s a deeply offensive way of describing the Highland Jig

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Enfit – highland fling / Irish jig surely

takisawa2

This is all a bit much for a Monday morning…
    Chill out y’all.

enfht
    Free Member

TJ don’t call me Shirley 😀

Spongebob
    Free Member

enfht – Member

Here here enfht! We could generalise about the negative comments and behaviour of some Scotish people too. That would make us just as xenophibic and narrow minded as the English haters north of the border!

IMHO, all that devolution appears to have done is create an expensive bureaocracy, divide the UK and encourage discrimination and resentment. I say go the whole hog and give Scotland autonomy! Let them also pay back the money we give them to subsidise the luxuries that aren’t afforded to tax payers here in England! I think the Scots would quickly realise that biting the friendly that feeds them was not such a good idea afterall.

Come on guys, let’s be much more broadmainded and stop this pointless continued tension. I have no truck with anyone I don’t know even in my country (Britain). Being proud about your regional identity is tiring to others. Where I live, if one spouts on about being proud to be English, the PC thought police will immediately label us as BNP supporters. I totally disagree with them, I am no supporter of the far right, but since when did these people consider the feelings of the majority. It’s like free speech has been stifled by some quango. In truth, the majority are all too busy earning a crust to give a toss about politics (I wish I was out there working so I too didn’t have time to think about things).

I spend hours wondering why it is that people have to make a point about their origins. What the hell does it matter???? We are all on this tiny planet together, so look for the things we have in common, co-operate, avoid conflict FFS!

enfht
    Free Member

Ultimately I still blame the French

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

IMHO, all that devolution appears to have done is create an expensive bureaocracy, divide the UK and encourage discrimination and resentment. I say go the whole hog and give Scotland autonomy! Let them also pay back the money we give them to subsidise the luxuries that aren’t afforded to tax payers here in England! I think the Scots would quickly realise that biting the friendly that feeds them was not such a good idea afterall.

spongebob – is that your view?

Actually resentment and discrimination has reduced from the Scots side I believe as s result of devolution

England does not subsidise Scotland – its the other way around. This myth has been debunked numerous times. fiscal autonomy for Scotland would enrich Scotland and impoverish England

The SNP are not xenophobic nor anti english. simply not true.

Spongebob
    Free Member

England does not subsidise Scotland – its the other way around. This myth has been debunked numerous times. fiscal autonomy for Scotland would enrich Scotland and impoverish England

Which planet is that on?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

The xenophobic SNP led scottish government This campaign stareted under labour but has continued under the SNP

We will continue to promote social cohesion within Scotland as part of the ‘One Scotland’ campaign. This will include efforts to achieve equality of life chances and equality of opportunity to share in Scotland’s success between various communities and faith groups.

Hardly xenophobic

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 125 total)

The topic ‘Shame on you English’ is closed to new replies.