Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • shag bands
  • rOcKeTdOg

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=shag+band

woman at work found her 11 year old daughter wearing a black one, i have enlightened her as to the meaning via google

we never had these when i was at school!

Dobbo

I've just ordered the whole spectrum 8) I'm up for all of them ASAP.

BlingBling
    Free Member

Dobbo, what happens when one of your riding mates accidentally snaps your glow in the dark one 😯

Dobbo

When I put my shag bands on it's like a binding love contract and I fully accept the consequences no matter how grotesque the outcome is. 😐

Anyway, who fancies a night ride?

BigJohn

Yellow – testicular cancer

meikle_partans
    Free Member
    BigDummy
    Free Member

This sounds both silly and implausible. 🙂

aslongasithaswheels
    Free Member

ha ha ha…….here, i wonder if a snapped band would be defined as a legal contract. I wonder if that would stand up in court (missus)

Olly
    Free Member

surely you would be more worried if said 11 yr old wasnt wearing one, as it may have been snapped?

davey_clayton
    Free Member

So if I go up to someone and snap their bracelet, it means I have to have sex with them (depending on colour). It sounds a lot easier that when I was a kid. No acting aloof /playing guitar/cider.

Keva
    Free Member

what a load of ole b0ll0x these things are. some nobber makes something up on urban dicktionary and the rest of the world believes it.

scaredypants

kids grow up fast; my 7 yr old has a pink one of these

(out of idle curiosity (and, no, I don't believe this shite either), are these easy to snap or would you have to break the wearer's wrist in the process ?)

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I would be more worried that I had a child dumb enough to think they had to do whatever forfeit was required just because someone broke the band.

scotia
    Free Member

why?

meikle_partans
    Free Member

they are very strong supposedly. also there is a flaw because they stretch enough before breaking that it gives the wearer ample space and time to run away. at least thats what happened when i tried it.

langy
    Free Member

Keva – this was around at least 12ish years ago when I was at school, so not because of urban dictionary, but still crap as you say

grantway
    Free Member

scaredypants I think you just have to let the kid know
    you are aware what the braclet stands for and maybe
    just let them know what exactly is expected of them
    or maybe forced to do by those/others how break it.
    dependent of age mind.

theflatboy
    Free Member

they may be/have started as urban legends, but my gf's 13 year old cousin has some on, and was telling us the exact same thing about "everyone at her school" wearing them. no idea if they actually go through with the required deeds or not, but apparently they're fairly ubiquitous.

nickc

As above, my lad (12) wears a green one sometimes (it's actually a charity one) and knows of the concept, but the forfeits vary depending on who you talk to. Most of his peer group wear at least one, some of his girl friends (friends who are girls..!) wear armfuls of the things…

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

ekkyy thump, has it realy been 18 years since I started at school, personaly I thought they were a bit silly then, and a just the same now.

Remember one girl being taken home in tears because hers had snapped and she'd wanted someone from take that/boyzone/blonde cretin's 'r'us to snap it for her!

As for their durability, they fall appart if you just look at them! But then again maybe teenagers nowadays are more virtuous?

MrNutt
    Free Member

I'm currently wearing the full complement on my every appendage and I'm heading for the london underground! viva la rush hour!!

scaredypants

why?

scaredypants I think you just have to let the kid know
    you are aware what the braclet stands for and maybe
    just let them know what exactly is expected of them
    or maybe forced to do by those/others how break it.

Err – She has no idea at all that it's anything other than a pink bracelet (nor had I). Think it came in a party bag actually ( 😯 )
    It's not that fragile – like one of those Lance bands really (am I talking about something different?)

(wondered why it said "dare me, I'm six" on it !)

woodsman
    Free Member

shag bands – I'd look like the Michelin man!

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘shag bands’ is closed to new replies.