Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Servicing Rockshox Rebas
  • rickon
    Free Member

Hi,

I'm looking to service my rebas – replace the seals and rings, and the oil – can anyone reccomend what oil weight i would be best using? They are 08 versions.

Cheers

Ricks

BoardinBob

Manuals are on the sram website but it's 15wt and 5wt.

iirc it's

15wt for the lowers and the upper on the spring leg
    5wt for the upper on the damper leg

stumpyjon

Correct, you will need to check the manual for quantities as well.

Manuals here if you haven't got one.

stumpy01

And if you are changing the grey wiper seals & not just the internal o-rings you will need some kind of seal press/bodge tool to get the new ones in.

I didn't realise this when servicing my old Judy's and had a nightmare getting the new ones in.

rickon
    Free Member

Cheers chaps, most appreciated! I'll get some on order…. seal tool….. bit of pipe and old seals?

stumpy01

Yeah…..would probably work.

To be honest, we (a mate & I) did it the way the old Judy manual recommended and it was a real pig. With hindsight, we'd have done it differently and it probably wouldn't have been such a bodge.

retro83
    Free Member

i always just press the grey seals back in with no problems – or did you mean the black oil seals underneath the wipers, stumpy?

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

To be honest unless the seals are visibly worn and unless the internal o rings leaking air,I`d just change the oil.I took my 2 year old Rebas apart for the first time and the seals were perfect.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Servicing Rockshox Rebas’ is closed to new replies.