Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Thetford Parking
  • neilb67
    Free Member

Got 2 drops on Saturday, one in Peterborough and then one in Norwich. Returning to Brum I go right past Thetford so thought it was an opportunity to get a sneaky couple of hours in and get paid for it.

Just one question, whats the parking like up there as I will be in a extra long wheel base Sprinter with a hightop roof. So is there any height restrictions and if so is there anywhere else to park….?

peterh
    Free Member

No height restrictions or problems if you park at High Lodge. You have to pay to park there, but it’s easy to get on the trails.

You could park for free at Brandon Country Park (probably still okay but a bit tighter parking) or find some sneaky parking place just off the road near one of the many fire road exits. If you don’t know the area you’ll find it harder to find the trails if you don’t park at High Lodge.

Pook

how good is Thetford?

sofatester
    Free Member

Think of Welsh/Scottish trail centres.

Take away the hills, rocks, views, descents, climbs and mad weather.

Replace with mud, super sharp flints, dogs, children and endless flat fire roads.

Pook

ok. Not worth a trip from Sheffield then

tinsy
    Free Member

Theres a place called warren lodge I think, its free and no height restriction (at least there wasnt).. I camped there overnight in a hightop campervan. But if you have anything of value in the van, best to just pay.

How good in what way Pook? Its a decent ride around the usual trails, some good singletrack off the usual routes, but need a local to find the best bits. Its not hilly, so its more fun the fitter you are.

sofatester
    Free Member

If you happen to be passing give it a go. Otherwise, go and grind your groupset in the peaks!

neilb67
    Free Member

Thanks for the info on the parking. Ive done D2D for the last few years so know what i’m in for.. 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Thetford Parking’ is closed to new replies.