Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Servicing needle roller bearings in FS frame
  • TrailriderJim
    Free Member

I have a pair of these in the rear stays (Horst) pivot of my Hammerhead Thumper frame. The centre steel shafts slide out easily, revealing a set of rollers in a bearing case press fitted into the frame. How are these best serviced? Grease them up and job done? Frame’s only had eight months use and they seem fine.

Onzadog
    Free Member

You might find the rolling elements are only held in by grease so any attempt to wipe/clean them will dislodge them. This is okay if you expect it. Just rebed them in fresh grease.

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

In a low movement pivot, do they ever develop enough play to warrant changing? Thanks for the tip, will clean and grease them carefully.

downhilldave

Have some in my shock in place of bushes. I just take em out, clean the rollers and cage. Fill cage with grease and put the rollers back in with a little extra grease on top then push in the centre bush. The rollers dislodge Very easily when fitting them and can drop out.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Servicing needle roller bearings in FS frame’ is closed to new replies.