Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Service of Rock Shox Revelation forks (coil version)
  • Omo
    Free Member

Hi

Just after some tips on servicing these forks.

Does anyone know an online guide to servicing these forks?

There's a bit of oil coming out of the top of the right hand tube so I think I need new o-rings and oil. On the left hand side the travel adjuster dial is pretty stiff so I'd like to sort that out as well.

Thanks

BadlyWiredDog

Three sources:

1. http://www.rockshox.com has all the technical service manuals and downloadable PDFs.

2. Look on YouTube, Rockshox has uploaded step by step service videos, just search for Rockshox they should come up.

3. http://www.enduroforkseals.com has an illustrated walk through on one of the RS forks I think.

I'm guessing the leak is coming from under the floodgate adjuster knob? If so, the easiest way of sorting it out is to stack another o ring on top of the existing one, or a small washer/spacer. The o-ring needs to be slightly compressed, but the floodgate adjuster can move up and down, so there's excess clearance and oil gets forced out under compression.

Just done that with two RS forks. Very straighforward to work on, circlip plier will make your life a lot easier.

BadlyWiredDog

On the travel adjuster, probably grit under the adjuster, just remove, clean, grease and reinstall. Try not to lose the little balls and springs…

trailmonkey

On the left hand side the travel adjuster dial is pretty stiff so I'd like to sort that out as well.

Carefully remove the top cap and put a liitle grease around the 3 bb's. A drop of chain lube running down the springs works too.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

its not always coming out of the floodgate adjuster. I tried adding an o-ring here and it made no difference.

If theres still oil coming out, the seal that will have worn out is inside the motion control damper and its a sort of umbrella shape. Getting inside the MC damper is pretty easy. Unscrew the top cap and lift the damper out. its red with two black caps on each end. The bottom black bit clips in, the top part (with the adjusters on) screws into the red bit in reverse (does that make sense??). However, finding someone to sell you a replacement seal isn't so easy.

I sent mine the damper only to TF tuned, they can fix it up again for 25 quid. no need to book in. they also do a seal kit for 18 quid i think.

Theres a thread with pics somewhere on MTBR.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Service of Rock Shox Revelation forks (coil version)’ is closed to new replies.