Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Semi Slick Tyres
  • andycs

Thinking about putting ridged forks on my 26 Inbred and using it as a kind of cross bike. Can anyone recommend a suitable semi slick tyre? Would probably do more tarmac miles than dirt and off road would be canal towpath and fairly well surfaced bridleways.

simonlovell999
    Free Member

I have used panaracer mach ss and are really good on and off road. Merlin cycles do them for £12 each.

TiRed

Schwalbe Land Cruiser for retained off-road ability. Marathon for towpath duties.

monkeyfiend
    Free Member

I had a similar thought a couple of years ago as my commute takes me over a mixtute of terrain.

I have tried a good few tyre types and now stick to 1.5 inch wide slicks as they handle well enough on the loose gravel and farm tracks that I go down and the majority of the ride is tarmac.

Currently running mitchelin road pilot city’s. (700c – 29er)

takisawa2

Wilkos, I kid you not. 1.75 Semi Slick for £8.50. Ok, its about 600g but worth a go. I put some on a bike I built for my Wifes Sister, & I was surprised how much they do grip on & off road.

TrentSteel
    Free Member

Schwalbe CX tyres from on one for less than a tenner, I have the 26″ x 2″ version and they work well, quite wide but roll better than an mtb specific tyre especially at higher pressures

PJay
    Free Member

I do mostly on-road with a spot of off on my rigid Pipedream Sirius. My favourite semi-slick is the Michelin Hard Terrain. Unfortunately it’s no longer made but there may be some still floating around. Intense System 3s or Schwalbe Sammy Slicks would be worth a try too.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Semi Slick Tyres’ is closed to new replies.