Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Semi literate notices at work.
  • D0NK

Teaboy pretty sure I’ve seen that sign (or a another farmer writes just as well), was it written on a flat piece of rock and stood up by the roadside just before some trees/bushes? I thought it was somewhere near derwent but I could be mistaken.

Bit cheeky mocking foreign signs written in english, especially when there’s so many home grown screw ups.

(don’t go critiquing my spelling/grammar I don’t write signs)

theteaboy
    Free Member

On a flat piece of rock, stood up by the roadside, near Cowgill (just by the Kingsdale turnoff).

We might have stumbled across an underground industry in ironic semi-literate farmers’ signs.

Created by a farmer who said ‘I know lads, if we make ourselves look illiterate we might get more EU grants…’

(Runs for cover)

beanum

Vaguely relevant (Yorkshire) joke…

An old Yorkshire lady died and her family pondered long and hard about what to put on her tombstone. She hadn’t been greatly loved nor had she made much of a mark in life. The only thing her family could think of was that she did, occasionally, go to church. Someone had a brainwave. ‘How about “She were thine.”’ ‘Aye,’ said everyone else, ‘That’ll do!’ So, the stonemason was instructed and a week later he proudly displayed his handiwork. The family were dismayed to find that instead of saying “She were thine.” the stone read, “She were thin.” ‘Hey up, lad,’ they said, ‘the ‘e’s missing.’ So the stonemason promised to sort it out. A week later the family assembled again. The ‘e’ was there, all right. This time it read, “Ee, she were thin.”

Trimix
    Free Member

I get emails from a bank we use full of non english words, made up words and spelling mistakes.

Quite how you can send an email with spelling mistakes is beyond me – just tick the box that gets it to spell check the damm thing before sending FFS !

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I get emails from a bank we use full of non e[b]E[/b]nglish words, made up words and spelling mistakes

Oh, teh ironing!

D0NK

We might have stumbled across an underground industry in ironic semi-literate farmers’ signs

Maybe, I think lowey was with me will check with him. Few of weeks ago my mate saw (i didn’t see, I was driving) a sign outside a farm near clapham “grow your own eggs” cool.

sobriety
    Free Member

At a place where I worked I had a sign on my desk that said ‘Chairman of the Bored’, a manager walked over and pointed out my spelling mistake…then realised…

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Semi literate notices at work.’ is closed to new replies.