Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Selling bikes vs splitting to frames and parts
  • justinbieber

Quick selling question – do you generally get a better sale price selling complete bikes, or splitting to frame and parts?

And more than slightly related, I’ve got a 2012 Orange Five that I’ll be selling soon – if I sell the frame alone, any idea how much are they worth?

Apologies if this is seen as an indirect ad – it’s not meant to be.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

usually at a certain price point on a bike people want to put their own preferred build onto it, most experienced bikers drop into this category and so yes, usually you can get more by splitting.

BUT it will likely take more time and effort to sell everything. Sot he choice is all yours.

justinbieber

I hadn’t thought of it that way, thanks

roverpig

Yes, as long as you consider your own time to be worthless, you make more by splitting.

Mind you, unless it’s 650b it’s basically worthless now anyway 🙂

weeksy

Very little difference. But it’s often easier to find buyers for frames these days than whole bikes to an individuals preferred spec.

I recently had my Spearfish up and the guy who wanted it didn’t want serveral components that i thought would have been a crackign part of a deal. I totally understand why he didn’t… but it ended up being a deal breaker.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Selling bikes vs splitting to frames and parts’ is closed to new replies.