Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Selling bikes, complete or bits?
  • pedr0
    Free Member

Not trying to advertise here but is it generally better to sell a complete bike or break it? I know generally parts go for more but that assumes you sell them all? Is there much demand for a Scandal 29 frame?

dooosuk
    Free Member

What size frame?

pedr0
    Free Member

18 inch, but its not in the classifieds yet!

dooosuk
    Free Member

Too small for me then.

Generally you’d make more money from splitting a bike. Depends whether you can be bothered with the hassle though.

nickc

More hassle, but potential of more money. remember to factor in postage

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I’ve recently tried this. I advertised my SS for a good price for a week or two and got a couple of offers that I declined (£400-£450) one taker, who said he’d pay but never did. He seemed very keen then just never coughed up by the agreed date. That was for £500 posted….and I hate being messed around…..

So in a fit of rage I stripped it down and banged one ad in the classifides. So far I’ve made £470+ taking postage into account and I still have the crankset, brakes, bars, grips and pedals left. So I’m already up on the deal as at £500 I’d have paid £30 to post the bike
    I’ve decided to keep the brakes and cranks as the brakes are really good (Magura Louise) and the cranks not worth much, so better kept as spares.

So you’ll get more money if you split it, and it sells faster and easier.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Second for splitting it and flogging the bits individually.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Selling bikes, complete or bits?’ is closed to new replies.