Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Selling £600 car – worth tarting up?
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

My GF wants to sell her Xsara which isn’t perfect mechanically but great cosmetically bar lost wheel trims and rusty wheels…

Bar a wash/wax/hoover-valet, is it worth spending £20 on some wheel trims or anything else?

BigEaredBiker
    Free Member

If part exchanging, no. If trying to sell privately then yes. A clean washed and polished car gives the impression it has been well looked after.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Wheel trims I’d say are worth it, most people buying into bangernomics go on about buying cars from the right person rather than the right car, so making it look well cared for has to make it easy to sell.

And the usual t-cut on all the scuffs, back to black on the tyres/window seals, fresh magic tree, dash cleaner etc, etc.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Wheel trims are free from your nearest supermarket carpark.

amplebrew

Tyre dressing works wonders as does a steam cleaner on the interior.

2nd the idea of getting some cheap wheel trims, especially if the wheels are rusty.

globalti
    Free Member

Clean the plasticiser film off the insides of the windows. Nothing looks worse or more neglected than that grey film, which attracts moisture.

will
    Free Member

Agree with teh above. Good clean & Polish. Some back to black on the bumpers helps.

this might be a personal thing, but I hate generic wheel trims on cars, try and get some Citroen ones if possible.

benji
    Free Member

People are either very picky and want the moon on a stick for that money, or they just want a full mot and a bit of tax on it to make it a drive away deal. Personally wouldn’t go to the hassle or expense of wheel trims just a good wash and hoover, nothing more.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

All the above then cut the springs so its scraping along the floor and then shove it on eBay with the description reading something like “euro/stanced/lowered/scene”. You’ll get loads for it.

cynic-al
    Free Member

LOL @ DBW

And thanks to the rest. £20 on ebay seems worth it, even though SWMBO disagrees.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Selling £600 car – worth tarting up?’ is closed to new replies.