Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Sell the bike… or wait for Spring?
  • Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Trying to decide if I should sell my Yeti 575 now, or hold on until Spring comes around. I need to release some funds, so figure that I would be better off shifting this on and keeping my Marin Rocky Ridge to serve until such time comes that I can afford something new and shiny!

So… should I just bung it on eBay/classifieds here now(ish) or will I get a better price in, say, March/April?

If it isn’t going to make a great deal of difference I will probably get to it sooner rather than later.

LsD
    Free Member

Do what I do- keep the expensive shiny bikes and go out mugging pensioners to make up any cash flow difficulties.

Sorted-ahh………..

onceinalifetime
    Free Member

diD hTIS ReAlLY warrant a THREAD!

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I’d stick it up on all the MTB free classifieds, with the free MTB classifieds, just stick it on at the price you want, there’s nothing to lose really. You might get no takers, but what the hell, it don’t cost anything, you might get some interest. You’ll never get any interest if noone knows it’s for sale. I put a frame up on here with zero interest for probably 6 months, then someone emailed me out of the blue desperate for it. ebay, I suppose you might get more interest and a few more pounds in spring, maybe leave that as a last resort till March.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Sorry for wasting your time onceinalifetime. Prat.

Yeah, may get some pics sorted and stick it in the classifieds – see if it goes. Even if I do like LsD’s idea more 🙂

I was just wondering whether the market for used bikes would be stronger and better a little later in the year, once Christmas is paid for and the weather starts to improve, to the extent that hanging on would be prudent… if the difference is negligable then it makes sense to get on with it now, rather than having a bike in the shed that is seeing very little use, and the funds of which will come in handy for other things in life. Such as my legal bills.

Andyhilton
    Free Member

The market for used bikes usually picks up when the weather is a little better. So you are right with the spring assertion. This usually lasts until September or so. IME that is.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

lol – wish the good weather did last until September 😉

Decisions decisions… it isn’t long until Spring now is it though! I do plan on getting something nice and shiny to celebrate the conclusion of matters legal which should, hopefully, be within the next 6 months.

Trimix
    Free Member

It seems a shame to sell a nice bike only to have to buy another nice bike in a few months. Is there not some other stuff you can ebay to raise funds now, or work part time, say in a pub / bar in the winter to raise funds.

A new bike later in the year will cost you more money. It may not be economically wise to sell a secondhand asset now and buy a new one for more in such a short time.

It may even be better to negotiate discouts / defered payment with your creditors in the short run as well as get extra cash from extra labour.

Sell your bike = sell your soul

Trekster

`tis bonus time down in the City 😉 could go quick

onceinalifetime
    Free Member

Tbh kROnus, – your the prat as you answered your own question and therefore needn’t warrant a thread, end of!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Sell the bike… or wait for Spring?’ is closed to new replies.