Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Selkirk mtb Marathon Courses…..
  • petey
    Free Member

‘Had a few folks asking about the Selkirk Marathon courses for this year………..

25Km: Same as last year with the addition of a nice section of riverside singletrack in Bowhill. So, plenty of easy trails, one big climb via the Yarrow valley to the top of the 3 Bretheren and the usual open-hill descent back to Selkirk.

50Km: Proper beefy route for 2013, with a new loop in Bowhill featuring a just-cut descent (thanks to the local crew) and loads of riverside paths. After Yarrowford, the 50’ takes in Foulshiels, Yair XC, Williamhope and home via the 3’B. This is the hot tip for moderately fit singletrack slaves.

80Km: Same route as the previous three years but we drop down Caddon Bank to the Downhill finish before joining the Traquair XC. East of the Minch summit I’ve added new loop of steep natural which exits onto the Glenbenna forest road. After that it’s a short climb to the feed station at the Minch Cross Roads and home via the SUWay. Total distance is solidly over 80Km to satisfy the whippets.

All trails are dusty dry, the forecast is good and we’ve included an optional timed descent of Craig Hill in Yair (50 and 80 routes) just because it’s Enduro year. See you there.

br
    Free Member

bump

epo-aholic
    Free Member

when is it this year……..not this weekend is it?

br
    Free Member

Yep, Saturday

nemtbroutes
    Free Member

First time for me. Looking forward to it. Weather forecast looks good (crosses fingers).

Stu

jonba
    Free Member

Being doing it since it was the Merida. It is always sunny and the course is great.

Looking forward to it.

jo_h
    Free Member

First time for me too, really looking forward to it! Not feeling very fit, and a bit daunted by 80km+ but in this weather on dry dusty trails surely it’ll be amazing!

br
    Free Member

We’ve been out tonight, and I managed to PR a couple of the descents – dry as a BONE! 🙂

radoggair
    Free Member

if you could design a course with not so much climbing to suit my types that would be better. Thanks in advance

br
    Free Member

Pete

The 50k was a top route, thanks for all your and the others efforts.

And the weather has been wonderful 🙂

jonba
    Free Member

75km was also great. See the other thread, you did a great job. If you can get to Selkirk you should make an effort to ride this. I think it is probably my favourite mtb event. Good distance to challenge on some great trails that I’d ride for fun any time, it isn’t just a fire road slog to make a race by any means.

redfordrider
    Free Member

Agreed. 75km is a classic. A good balance of trails and tracks – really rewarded guys and girls who have better bike handling skills than me. Great day all round.

ac282

Great event as usual. The best course in the UK

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Selkirk mtb Marathon Courses…..’ is closed to new replies.