Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Sektor uppers + Pike Lowers, what could go wrong?
  • chamley
    Free Member

This may be a bit of a longshot, but let me explain.. I have a QR Sektor (reasonably light)and I have a brother with a redundant Pike with a 20mm maxle + steel steerer (weighs a ton).

I’d like to go 20mm but i don’t want the big weight increase from the steel steerer on his Pike. So.. is there a way I could i mash together the Pike lowers and Sektor uppers? They’re both 140mm uturns but a bit of research suggests the pike lowers are 10mm longer

Scouring the web i came across this thread where someone tried the reverse (pike uppers, sektor lowers) and wasn’t successful. http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/sektor-lowers-on-pike-uppers-possible

Will the extra 10mm on the lowers mean i’ll smash into the seals when I bottom out? Can i add a spacer on the spring to increase the length?

nickjb
    Free Member

Why not just sell both and buy whatever you want with the proceeds rather than ending up with a frankenfork and box of scrap

chamley
    Free Member

The fork is being loaned whilst he moves overseas and I like a project. Plus both forks have steerers cut down to within an inch of their lives so aren’t particularly sellable

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Sektor uppers + Pike Lowers, what could go wrong?’ is closed to new replies.