Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • seeking for poppy dh bike (frame)
  • slackalice
    Free Member

Have you considered the Morewood Makulu?

Euro
    Free Member

I met a guy in the pub last night and we got chatting bikes and stuff, as you do. I noticed an aged sprocket tattoo on his arm and underneath it had some scripty style writing. It was hard to make out so i asked him what it said.

The bar fell silent, he slowly set down his pint and his expression changed as a shadow of seriousness fell over it. As he twisted his arm to give me a closer look he gruffly whispered ‘bikes aren’t poppy – riders are’.

goodgrief
    Free Member

I want this forum to have a “like” button just for Euro’s post

tomasis
    Free Member

Not that I’ve noticed – bear in mind an Enduro shock may well be getting hammered for 45+ minutes at say the Mega etc. I think the days of massive performance determination are gone with the newer generation of air shocks; Vip’r, CCDBA, Monarch plus etc. Also, you don’t find that many long DH tracks in the UK anyway.

I had a 2005/6 Norco A-Line that I was convinced was trying to kill me. Poppy can be fun but also not so much fun. It had a frankly **** Fox vanilla shock that i don’t think helped it any.

Never tried a Bos on the Last – it was a Dhx5 coil. Air shock on a Last may actually do what you want. That said, I found it really hard to set the damping on this bike – fast piste rides were good but when it went very deep into its travel it extended too quickly. The Bos works extremely well on my Nicolai.

Sorry I can’t think of any off the top of my head but your best bet is to download linkage and start browsing the charts.

yeah im going to do re linkage app but a bit busy atm. I heard that some files are not accurate due photo mapping. I ask around mfg for leverage rate curve diagrams.

Your remark about norco aline made me smile. I felt same, i couldnt never get 100% on bike then lost interest a bit.

I see that air shocks have gone far in development. I still have norco dh frame that has 160mm mode. Why not try Vipr then 🙂

So far i think ~Guerilla Gravity looks as hottest candidat. Anybody knows how much I pay for import taxes here in UK for 1800$ worth frame?

tomasis
    Free Member

Knolly Podium looks interesting as well.

tomasis
    Free Member

slackalice, i will look at this. thanks.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘seeking for poppy dh bike (frame)’ is closed to new replies.