Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Secret Hiding places?
  • becky_kirk43
    Free Member

OK, So I’ve just moved in to my student house (well on thursday)
    so far missing is:
    * pencil case (complete with my good pen!)
    * calculator
    *timetable
    *chequebook
    *drawing pins
    * 3 books

I’m pretty sure they haven’t been stolen by my housemates…and they are no where to be found in my room…

think there is a secret hiding place somewhere? if so…any suggestions? 😉

b1galus
    Free Member

under the fridge

robdob
    Free Member

Kitchen!

Or in a bag you’v stuffed somewhere. They look like things you’d need all together, not just random stuff.

dustypumpkins

You got a shower room? In halls in 1st year we broke into flatmates room and moved everything (bed, wardrobe, the whole lot) into the shower room, locked it, put the shower on and left through the window (ground floor). Told him we had no idea what had happened. Almost rang the police. Brilliant 🙂

iDave
    Free Member

Sorry, I borrowed them, assumed it would be OK. On holiday now until March. Do you need them?

becky_kirk43
    Free Member

Its not in the kitchen, or the bathroom, or in the draw where it all really should be (I’ve checked there 4 times!).

I assume I’ve packed them all together and put them somewhere…

Dave, can I have them back please 😉 being locked out of online banking and not having student loan through yet means a chequebook would be handy! 😛

Cougar

If it’s a student house, in me experience it’ll be somewhere no-one ever looks, like the laundry basket or where the cleaning supplies are kept. You might need to ask the landlord, I doubt your flatmates will know.

(ah, happier days)

IanMunro
    Free Member

Last weekend I finally came across the ipod that I’d spent the last year looking for.
    Found it in the pocket of a pair of washed and tumble dried jeans* that I’d put in the bottom of a drawer.
    Despite the somewhat wrinkled plastic from the tumble drier, it still works perfectly – which is nice.

*I first accidentally wrote that as “Washed and tumble dried dreams” which sounds lovely to me, but makes slightly less sense.

Cougar

(and if you’re a student, learn to spell ‘drawer’ FFS, you’re the second person in as many threads to do that…!)

elaineanne
    Free Member

maybe there’s a ghost ? they like to play tricks 😉

tron
    Free Member

Par for the course in our house was for the vital missing notes to be found in the bottom drawer in the living room chest of drawers. Under the takeaway menus.

PiknMix
    Free Member

Cougar – Member

(and if you’re a student, learn to spell ‘drawer’ FFS, you’re the second person in as many threads to do that…!)

Chill Winston 😉

Cougar

Raspberries.

(-:

CountZero

Under the bed?

iDave
    Free Member

I put them back where I found them. Thanks for use of…..

snowslave

Has someone moved your stationnery cupboard? In which case your stationnery cupboard is clearly not stationary. It’ll be the philosophy students doing some situationist pranks on you. Maybe they’ve traded them for a pot noodle?

Listen to some emo music, it’ll make things seem slightly better.

BigJohn

Fallen down behind the piano is my guess.

Ambrose

I saw them just over there —–> a moment ago

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

a chequebook would be handy!

What, to hold everyone in the queue at the local chippy up?

‘Kin students…

(Suspects Becky may be a teeny bit younger than he, and may not remember such comedic genius)

About 3’31” in. Enjoy! 😀 (Warning: bit sweary)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsZ10ydh59w

becky_kirk43
    Free Member

Found the pencil case and the calculator…on top of the wardrobe!

Cougar – Member

I know how to spell drawer, I just forgot in the annoyance of losing something, I’m a chemistry student anyway, its all numbers and symbols!

elaine anne – Member
    maybe there’s a ghost ? they like to play tricks

I like that idea…do you think I could train the ghost to cook and clean for me? 😛

molgrips
    Free Member

I once turned my flat upside down looking for the TV remote. Spent a good couple of hours. In the end I gave up and went to the fridge to get a drink… bingo.

FeeFoo
    Free Member

I’m a chemistry student anyway, its all numbers and symbols!

What like the symbol for apostrophe in “it’s”?

Cougar

Oh, there’s nothing worse than people who pick up on others’ typing… ah, wait…

Cougar

I once turned my flat upside down looking for the TV remote. Spent a good couple of hours. In the end I gave up and went to the fridge to get a drink… bingo.

That all sounds horribly familiar.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

In the end I gave up and went to the fridge to get a drink… bingo.

Hora’s little dog was in your fridge? 😯

becky_kirk43
    Free Member

What like the symbol for apostrophe in “it’s”?

I always thought my spelling / grammar was good, it all went down hill on this thread!

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Secret Hiding places?’ is closed to new replies.