Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Seatpost QR clamp washer / shim
  • DM52
    Free Member

I am looking for a suitable replacement to that bit of plastic that sits between the cam of the QR clamp and the rest of the seat collar. Has anyone found a nice bodge / replacement? Tried various types of plastic and tin but none get near to that funny bit of plastic.

Normally I would be buying a QR seat clamp with a brass pivot point however the collar size is 31.6 and I cannot find any that fit the bill. Alternatively, thoughts on buying a roll of leccy tape and a 31.8 qr clamp?

carlos
    Free Member

I’ve used a brass washer before now, nice and soft so it moulds to the cam but if your one of those moves the seat up and down a heck of a lot Mtb’ers then prob not so good.

DM52
    Free Member

I am one of those 🙂

has to be worth a try at the very lease, especially if can find a decent sized washer to start with.

toys19
    Free Member

Have you tried the chromag 32mm one? Its a rad qr I use it on all my bikes, you could shim it out with coke cans..

DM52
    Free Member

I have held off the shimming out route for mow, I have 2 QR clamps the correct size but both the plastic bits are on their last legs. If I can work a suitable fix I will start looking into down sizing my hope clamp. Going to go down the do it up really tight route on the 31.8, I can’t remember last time if I tried it with the seat post in or not, I do remember it rattling around as it was clearly the wrong size.

carlos
    Free Member

DM52 – I’ve definatley got a brass washer in the tool box, prob about 15mm dia and with a 5mm hole, it’s there from when I got a couple.

If you want it drop me a mail (see profile) with your address and I’ll pop it in the post

OR

If your a post fettler, get a Joplin or similar and an allen key clamp 😉

DM52
    Free Member

Carlos, thanks for the offer – I jumped onto ebay and got a lifetimes supply of brass washers that potentially could do the job for a couple of quid.

I was running a Pure Race KS900r, it was the perfect solution however the seatpost has un-bonded itself from the saddle cradle. Give them their dues so far Pure Race support spot on and will re-bond the 2 bits together for £20. (It is a 1st gen second hand post so no warranty support for me, or even expected for that matter.)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Seatpost QR clamp washer / shim’ is closed to new replies.