Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Seat post longer than 350mm
  • Robertwilkinson
    Free Member

Anyone got exp of a seatpost at 30.9 that has a length of say 400 rather than standard 350? I’m wanting to nick a tad more height without compromising the frame. (pls don’t tell me my frame size is wrong :-))

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Thomson are pretty decent, they do 410mm seatposts. I think if you run less than a 400mm seatpost then you’ve bought a frame thats too big for you!

schmiken

Yep. I’ve got long legs and a short back.
    I’m using a Woodman 31.6 x 400 post in a Scott Scale with a shim. No problems so far, and a lot comfier than the standard Scott post it came with.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

What are you actually asking, it’s hard to understand from your original post? I’m using a 400mm one of these at the moment and it’s great.
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=55482

I did have a 350mm post but it was right on the edge of the minimum insertion line and I’m still growing. I have cut about an inch off it so that I can drop it lower for messing aobut at the BMX track, dirt jumps and DH track though

JohnnyPanic

SDG I-Beam posts – 400mm.
    As long as you’re not past the min insertion point on the post and (preferably) the post reaches below the top tube and you’re not riding a 2009 Meta, you should be good.

messiah
    Free Member

BlackSpire Northshore is THE longest post I have seen.

Robertwilkinson
    Free Member

Thanks for all the tips. Have plumped for nuke proof 400mm as a compromise between price and robustness

Paul-j

superstar components, 400mm seat post cant go wrong with it.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Seat post longer than 350mm’ is closed to new replies.