Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Seat clamps, anything I need to know before replacing my Bonty cheese special?
  • Tracker1972
    Free Member

Bugger it, Chromag it is.
    Double bugger it, eBay guy can get them but will have to order in, so I guess it will take a little while, and I have to choose a colour!
    Anyone know a shop with a Chromag quick release seat clamp, 36.5mm in a colour suitable for my bike (’09 Fuel EX9 so silver with gold bits… and lime green grips, so any colour will do 🙂 )?

granny_ring

Thought I’d give the chromag one a go too 🙂
    Ordered one from the ebay guy in proline’s link

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Jammy bugger granny_ring. He can’t get a 36.5mm one for about a month, special order 🙁
    So, assuming I badly want to ride my bike soon, and I am having one last bash at not getting a Hope one yet, anyone know of any shops that have them in stock? Not that fussed about colour, or country of origin (although postage in less than a month would be handy, obviously).

Not tried finding foreign shops to buy from so anyone got any names to try? (tried Rose and discount bikes.de though)…

granny_ring

I’ve ordered a 32mm Tracker 🙂

Good luck with the search

granny_ring

Mine arrived today from fix-bikes, great service.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

OK, special order never made it to fix-bikes but the behemoth that is CRC have them back in… but only in black, if it’s going to be bling I want to show off damnit!
    Sigh… The Hope one is looking better now the Chromag is over 30 quid again.

Anyone seen a Chromag one in their local purveyor of biking bling? 36.5 quick release, any colour, before I end up with boring black or predictable Hope?

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Seat clamps, anything I need to know before replacing my Bonty cheese special?’ is closed to new replies.