Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • SeaSucker Bike Rack / Carrier…
  • rich2317
    Free Member

Info / Advice Wanted: SeaSucker…

I’m in the market for a new bike rack (preferably roof mounted) – am keen to get away from the traditional two bars which are a pain to keep taking off and putting back on…

… have seen the SeaSucker ones around and I quite like the look of them… anyone out there got one / used one; be keen to get some feedback…

Thanks

superhooper

I have one as it was the only real solution for my car. Great bit of kit and had no problems with it. Mounts/unmounts in seconds. Never had a problem with any of the mounts loosing suction. I have done some long trips with it, including to Morzine and back with no problems. The first few times I used it I was ultra cautious, but you soon get used to it. The other greate thing is that it leaves no marks when you remove it. Just make sure you keep the suction cups clean.

somouk
    Free Member

There was a thing on Pistonheads about these recently, one of their people using one on a Jaguar F Type. Seemed happy enough.

pocpoc
    Free Member

I’d love to get a set as I usually only carry one bike and the faff of fitting and removing roof bars is a right faff. The car is a motorway mile muncher during the week so don’t want to leave them on as the OEM bars are f-ing loud over 50mph.
    Only issue is the price! I can’t justify the investment to save a few minutes of faffing about. Although I know I could probably keep them for many years and across many bikes its such a lump cost to outlay in the first place.
    Never mind the price of the 2 or 3 bike ones!

Kryton57

Only issue is the price!

Me too, and surely you’d have to remove them before leaving the car in trail centre car parks, otherwise you won’t see them again…

timbob78
    Free Member

I asked the same question a while ago, see the thread below, suffice to say I bought one and have no complaints taking my bike from Lincolnshire upto the lakes so gets a thumbs up from me.

seasucker

stu170
    Free Member

I’ve just bought a mini bomber, awaiting delivery. It’s a big out lay, £400 including fork up mounts. But I see after buying bars for a couple of cars (I change them often) it will pay for itself. Took me 2 years and 3 cars to eventually press the buy button

lardman
    Free Member

I have a Bomber, 3 bike rack and have used it a fair bit. It’s a great bit of kit, and works for what you need it to, just great.

You can move it between cars, does not need and tools and removes in seconds. When ive removed the bikes i’ve just put a cable lock through the hole in the rack and put the other end in the car door.

From England to the Pyranees with 5 bikes on the car, did not need any adjustments to the suckers the whole way down. I bought some spare wheels mounts to keep the removed wheels on top of the car too.

lardman
    Free Member

doh…! should have looked at ‘timbob78’ clicky. would have been less typing.

nickwatson
    Free Member

I’ve been looking at these too. Found this link to Cycle Republic, for £200, seems a lot cheaper than anywhere else. Does this look like the full 15QR version?

https://www.cyclerepublic.com/seasucker-talon-1-bike-15mm-fork-mount-rack.html?gclid=CKnCk67EwtICFcVAGwodTVoJFw

If so, think I will take the plunge.

Nick

Pukeko
    Free Member

I’ve got some – great piece of kit. In the process of getting a boost front fork mount bracket made as I have not seen available online anywhere so far.

Side note; they can be squeezed in bike box when travelling international by air. Then stick em on the rental car on arrival… 🙂

househusband

I’ve got only positive things to say about them:

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/how-are-people-getting-on-with-seasuckers#post-7145945

Only issue I have is getting an adaptor for a 12mm through axle for the fork!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘SeaSucker Bike Rack / Carrier…’ is closed to new replies.