Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Seasucker?
  • timbob78
    Free Member

Has anyone used these?

https://www.seasucker.com/shop/1187/#tab-description

I like the idea of these without the hassle of roof bars, they seem to get good reviews too!

somouk
    Free Member

I think this has been covered before and people seemed happy with them. I know there is a thread on pistonheads about a guy using them on his porsche too.

solamanda
    Free Member

A friend uses one on an S2000 and is happy with it.

I can see a couple downsides but if it’s for occasional use when then I’m sure they’re fine. Limitations are you can’t secure the bike at all and for many of the types of car you want to use this on (ie: too ‘nice/sporty’ to have a proper rack) then you’re not going to want to have tonnes of post ride mud spraying your car from your bike.

lardman
    Free Member

I have one, and use it a fair bit. It’s pretty simple to put on, when you’ve got the position just right and have done it a couple of times. I lock the bikes through the rear boot when leaving them on the rack, but it’s not VERY secure.

Held tight at 80mph (more than suggested) from Calais to the top of the Pyranees. PLacement of suckers and position might be better on some cars than others, but great rack and quick to install. Bikes on the car and tied down in under 10 mins.

bensales
    Free Member

I’ve got one. It’s brilliant.

If I need to lock the bike, I run a cable lock in through the sunroof. Fine for a temporary stop.

timbob78
    Free Member

Thanks for the info, looks like its a safe bet 😀

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Seasucker?’ is closed to new replies.