Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Sealskinz socks?
  • sambob
    Free Member

Anyone know the cheapest place to get them? Looking for the mid length ones. Cheers in advance.

crispybacon
    Free Member

I’ve picked mine up cheap on eBay in the past

bigG
    Free Member

Why would you? They’re crap in my experience, just end up with socks full of water with nowhere to go

cubemeup
    Free Member

gooutdoors

sambob
    Free Member

Cheers everyone. bigG, there are as much to keep my feet warm as anything.

epicyclo

bigG – Member
    Why would you? They’re crap in my experience…

I thought the same at first, but I was buying the wrong size.

I found they only leak if you get them too tight. Get a loose fit and they’re great.

Spent most of last winter using Sealskinz with sandals. Tramped through wet slush, through little creeks etc without getting wet feet.

jools182
    Free Member

Why do people think they’re crap? Is it when water gets in the top of them? Mine have been fine

radoggair
    Free Member

i use knee length version with my knee warmers overlapping them for full waterproofness. Stops water splashinf down into them. I did end up though after 1 wet ride with 2 socks full of water which kind of baffled me, but least feet were warm

TiRed

I bought mid length direct at the cycle show. Wish I’d bought the longer ones now, as I think they would provide more leg protection with 3/4 length baggies. Mine were £20 and they are great.

lagerfanny
    Free Member

Great product, let down by the large hole in them.

imnotverygood

Isn’t that to let the water out?

Northwind

Mine are still going strong. They don’t keep me completely dry, water does get in the top but that’s still an awful lot better than the alternative.

fbk
    Free Member

Good idea but a flawed concept – unless you wear full length waterproof trousers or tape the tops up they will always let water in through the top, creating an, all be it warm, mini swimming pool for your feet.

Crummy customer service too (ime)

my MW80s seem to be doing a better job of things so far 🙂

nicko74

One pair of sealskinz, one pair of old rubber gloves. Cut the top 5cm or so off the rubber gloves, place the rubber rings you end up with over the top of the sealskinz. Voila – no water seeping down your leg inside the sock

racing_ralph
    Free Member

epicyclo – Member

bigG – Member
    Why would you? They’re crap in my experience…

I thought the same at first, but I was buying the wrong size.

I found they only leak if you get them too tight. Get a loose fit and they’re great.

Spent most of last winter using Sealskinz with sandals. Tramped through wet slush, through little creeks etc without getting wet feet.

How has no-one picked up on this?

boxelder

Racing r

I’m still too confused by it. Where was this occurring? Why? Too many ??s

palmer77
    Free Member

I have to say I was disappointed in them.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

I rate them. Just seal the tops with about 3″ off ankle area of an old wetsuit for total waterproofness in all conditions.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I rate them. Just seal the tops with about 3″ off ankle area of an old wetsuit for total waterproofness in all conditions.

I would imagine that not everyone has ‘an old wetsuit’ lying around the house though! 😆

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Sealskinz socks?’ is closed to new replies.