Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Scratch on Fox stanchion, can I fix this myself?
  • Chrismc1
    Free Member

I have just found a 15mm scratch on the inside of my fox forks near the seal. You can feel the scratch when you run your nail over it.I dont think they are loosing air, is their anyhing I can do to stop this getting worse? 😕

Cheezpleez

Sounds like you’ve got muck in them but they may be running dry. Whip the lowers off, give them a good clean and top up with oil as recommended by Fox. If the scratch is deep you can fill it in with nail varnish (search the forum for more details) and smooth off with v. fine emery. If it’s not losing air and there are no rough edges then you probably don’t need to bother.

Chrismc1
    Free Member

Thanks cheez, I have just ordered some green oil and fox fluid 🙂

Junkyard
    Free Member

what he said run some scrathed Pikes without issue though I did repair with nail polish and have reapplied once. No seal damage or muck getting in from this at any of the services.

Whilst i would not buy a pair that looked like mine in reality they have been faultless and it has been unnoticeable in operation for 18 mths +

bigyinn
    Free Member

They won’t leak air only a bit of lube oil.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Scratch on Fox stanchion, can I fix this myself?’ is closed to new replies.