Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Scrambled eggs
  • miketually
    Free Member

Where have I read that ^^^ recently? Was it in STW mag?

Steve Worland’s column in the current issue 🙂

miketually
    Free Member

Good eggs.

This +1000000

derek_starship
    Free Member

Brakes – calm it down man. Your eggs will addle with a temper like that.

It was only a suggestion. Miserable sod.

sadexpunk

Proper scrambled eggs should do the final bit of cooking after they’re served.

+3. and cooked with a few chopped chillis with seeds left in. also a bit of grated cheese on top that slowly melts in. nomnom.

brakes
    Free Member

It was only a suggestion. Miserable sod.

I’m just trying to eggducate you all in the ways of eggs. Sorry if I cracked-up a little, but I know eggsactly how I like my eggs, and that’s without anything eggstra added.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Scrambled eggs simply and very tasty crack three eggs into a bowl season and beat, knob of butter in heavy based pan and scramble away until all the liquidness just goes serve on hot buttered toast or bagel, yum.

miketually
    Free Member

Heston makes his scrambled eggs in a bowl over a pan of simmering water.

alex222
    Free Member

Heston makes his scrambled eggs in a bowl over a pan of simmering water.

I said this earlier

proper scrambled eggs are cooked in a bowl over boiling water. True story

sharkbait
    Free Member

Scrambled is fine but the other day I fancied trying to make Hollandaise sauce for the first time.
    The result was almost heavenly – two poached eggs on toasted granary from a small bakery smothered in possibly the nicest hollandaise sauce I’ve ever tasted. All the eggs had been laid a couple of days earlier by our own hens 😀
    The only problem is that our egg production is too low (yeah, thanks foxy b*****d) – so I’m off to pick up two more hens this evening.

edlong
    Free Member

Butter tip: only a teeny little smidgen in the pan/bowl at the start, whack some more in just as the eggs start to come together (i.e. a few seconds before serving / scooping / scraping).

Any tips on varieties of smoked salmon to accompany?

chvck
    Free Member

I was about to say that poached eggs are far, far superior anyway!

FuzzyWuzzy

Mine gets done in the microwave :p

coolhandluke
    Free Member

They should almost pour out of the pan if done by me!

Hotel I was in the other day served them just the way I like it too, result.

tomhoward

coolhandluke – Member
    They should almost pour out of the pan if done by me!

Hotel I was in the other day served them just the way I like it too, result.

Shirley you have yours boiled, and 50 at a time?

brianh
    Free Member

OK – this is the deal, egg white starts to coagulate in the range 62-65 °C. At these temperatures it is the most heat sensitive protein, the ovotransferrin, which constitutes 12% of the egg white, which coagulates.
    The major protein of egg white, ovalbumin, makes up 54% of the white and doesn’t coagulate until the temperature reaches 80 °C. The yolk begins to thicken around 65 °C and sets around 70 °C. In other words cook the egg to 70 °C and you should have perfect scrambled egg – not too runny and not too dry 😀

maccruiskeen

edit – link disnae work

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Scrambled eggs’ is closed to new replies.