Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Scottish Tyre question
  • ononeorange

Sorry – another one.

Off soon on a jaunt across Scotland (a coast-to-coast); am I just being daft using my soft Southern tubeless Nobby Nic that's currently on my bike? You see, it took me ages to get it to stay inflated and I don't want to change it……!

I know that this is a "how long is a piece of string?" question, but if it's really daft I'd rather know now.

Thanks.

br
    Free Member

No, but make sure you've a backup planning for if you split it.

e.g. tyre boot/cross-section of tyre, tubes, pliers to remove the valve, co2 cartridges just in case etc

Obi_Twa
    Free Member

Nowt wrong with Nobby Nics. Keep them on it.

DickBarton

Mate uses Nobby Nics all year round – they seem ridiculous tyres to me but I've tried them and they seem to have oceans of grip…he hasn't had any problems with punctures yet and been running them for about 18 months – he does run them at high pressures though…but the grip seems to be there and they look to be wearing well.

organic355
    Free Member

I've had no problems with my (tubed) NNs for Scottish trail centre and natural xc use.

kevonakona
    Free Member

deleted due to severe grumpiness.

ononeorange

Thanks everyone and sorry to ahve made you grumpy kevonakona.

Cheers

kevonakona
    Free Member

S'ok mate. Scotland is just like where you bike but better :lol:. Tyres is tyres all depending on where you bike and weather.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

This is what a bit of highland granite can do to Nobby Nic sidewalls 😆

matt_outandabout

Nobby Nics on C2C for a week? Lethal. You would not find me doing such a silly thing.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Scottish Tyre question’ is closed to new replies.