Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Scottish Cyclocross is here!
  • marty
    Free Member

The Tri Centre Scottish Cyclocross series kicks off with Walkers Cycling’s Irvine Beach Cross on Sunday. Shaping up to be a great season, with new race and new sponsors on board. It’s a grassroots cyclocross series, so all riders are welcome and no restriction on bikes (except that they have to be safe).

Irvine is a corker of a course, with an infamous sandy section – no piddling wee sand pit here – and views out over the Firth of Clyde to Arran. If the tide allows, then we’ll start with a charge along the beach again.

DSC_6777 by martysavalas, on Flickr

See our website – http://www.scottishcyclocross.org.uk/ – for more info.

druidh
    Free Member

Can I just confirm – no British Cycling license/membership or owt needed??

legend
    Free Member

Fail. Everyone here knows that there is absolutely NO WAY anyone can ride on sand unless you’re on a fatbike (preferably a 29er)

organic355
    Free Member

doesnt that sand/salt wreck bikes?

flowerpower
    Free Member

druidh…

If I rememeber (used to help run the Plean CX for my club) you just have to pay a couple of quid extra for a day licence if you don’t have a race licence… Paid on the day with your entry.

cqed
    Free Member

Wow – the Irvine course looks stunning.

fasthaggis

Yippee 🙂
    I fancy doing that Halloween one .

Can I just confirm – no British Cycling license/membership or owt needed?

?

Correct ,day licence will be fine.

marty
    Free Member

Just to confirm that there’s no requirement for a full race licence for any of the Scottish events except the Scottish Championships where Scottish Cycling’s championship rules apply (see The Little Blue Book).

If you’re not a British Cycling member, then you have to pay a day licence of (£3 for seniors).

Anyone racing will be eligible for the The Tri Centre Scottish Cyclocross league, but only licence holders will accrue British Cycling ranking points.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Wow – the Irvine course looks stunning

The first time the words ‘Irvine’ and ‘stunning’ have ever been used in the same sentence.

Probably the last time as well…..

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Scottish Cyclocross is here!’ is closed to new replies.