Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Scottish C2C FRB to Annan
  • bigmandh
    Free Member

Just wondering if anyone has done this, if it’s all suitable for road bike and if there’s a hostel in Annan? Just back from LEJOG so looking for something to do next and I live beside the FRB so this could be a decent 2 day there and back trip. Thanks

bigmandh
    Free Member

Any comments on this?

fatmax

Forth Road Bridge?
    What’s your proposed route?

Trekster

No hostels in Annan, very few if D&G at all.

irc

I’ve not done your route but did a Stranraer to Dunbar a few years ago. Chose Stranraer to start as it’s one train ride to get there from my house. Mine wasn’t road only though. A mix of back roads and forestry tracks, some of which were part of the Southern Upland Way.

For a two day trip why not get the train to Stranraer and head back to Annan over two days? Avoid the main A roads and there is hardly any traffic in Galloway.

matt_outandabout

I personally would prefer a route based on interest and quality of riding as well as access by transport, rather than arbitary line on map.

I enejoyed a full coast to coast ride many years ago, but the last day was crap, especially finishing in Montrose.

What about riding north from you, and train home?

bigmandh
    Free Member

I thought a C2C would be good as I’ve done the bottom to top route. Was thinking of riding to Annan in 1 day and back again the next. Depending on road surfaces obviously as I’d be doing it on the road bike. The Stranraer over 2 days from here might be a good shout and get train back so I’m not just coming back over the same route. My folks live up near Skye and I’m up there for a bit in June so will be taking both bikes up there so was looking for something closer to home for now.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Scottish C2C FRB to Annan’ is closed to new replies.