Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Scott scale 910
  • sia20
    Free Member

Thinking of taking the plunge and getting one of these , not loads of reviews about them so has any one got one and could you give me an honest review , I have tried both the 910 and the 710 on demo and liked them both but it’s hard to get a true feeling for a bike after a hours ride,

I currently have a whyte t129 but am planning on doing a few xc races and the odd 12/24 hr events so want something a little more suited towards this

I also do a good bit of trail center rides and Peak District etc , I know the scott won’t be as Capeable on the steep rocky stuff etc but do people find the real tricky stuff still rideable on the shorter travel bikes ,

Ideally id keep the whyte for the trail center stuff and use the Scott for races etc but I can’t afford to have 2 bikes

Thanks

rexated
    Free Member

For a 100mm travel the Scale 910 is fantastically capable in my opinion. My mate took his to the Alps last year and it held up to all he gave it (we had locals warning us at the trailhead: “Non, c’est dangereux!”). He is definitely not shy on the downhills either!

I rode mine on a 6day race in southern Spain last year and it looked after me really well. If I sell mine it would probably only be to upgrade to the thru axle version.

offthebrakes
    Free Member

You won’t go far wrong with a Scale for short or long XC races. However if you like your current Whyte then try the Whyte 29C as well.

I test-rode both, the Whyte felt very slightly more relaxed, although that could have been down to the builds on the demo bikes.

Both bikes were superb, and not much to choose between them, in the end the choice for me came down to no more than minor spec differences, which have probably changed for the new model year anyway.

sia20
    Free Member

Thanks for the input , I am also considering a spark 910 as another option but am yet to demo that , might fall nicely between the scale and the whyte I currently have

tom200

I’ve got a 960, it’s great for xc, surprisingly good on more rad trails too. I do feel under biked on a lot of trails that I ride, and I don’t race xc. I will be swapping it out for a 130mm 29 fs and I have a cross bike for more sedate trails.

For you intended use , I couldn’t think of anything better.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Scott scale 910’ is closed to new replies.