Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Scott Genius 730
  • mickle141
    Free Member

Hi – I’m looking at getting a new full suss bike and I’ve spotted the Scott Genius 730 with £1000 off!

http://www.onyerbikeonline.com/our-best-sellers/scott-genius/2013-scott-genius-730/

Does anyone own a Genius? What’s the verdict?

strike
    Free Member

The DT Nude2 is not the best shock for the Genius – quite simply it feels over-damped and makes the bike feel constipated. I’ve got one on my Spark 900 (only 100mm max. travel) and after only 2months I’m already considering replacing it with a Fox CTD.

The 2013 34 TALAS Forx also gets slated as well – the TALAS spring design was new for 2013 (AFAIK) and then Fox went and re-designed it again for 2014…..they didn’t do that for nothing! A friend of mine swapped from a 34 TALAS to a Pike and couldn’t belive how much better the Pike was.

philfive
    Free Member

My mate has the one below this that doesn’t have the 34 talas. It’s pretty new and he doesn’t ride hard but he had an issue with the remote lock out lever and I’d also question a bike that should of been 3 grand not having a dropper on it.

I’ve ridden it and found it underwhelming, it felt very limp and I couldn’t pop it off things.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Scott Genius 730’ is closed to new replies.