• This topic has 17 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by ajc.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • scooter for my 4 yr old
  • sefton
    Free Member

any particular scooter I should be looking for?

DezB
    Free Member

4 year old will probably need the up/down ajustable bars, so I’d say a JDBug.
    If he wants something to last longer a Grit or MGP.

(My kid told me this information)

Markie
    Free Member

IMO the only choice is a Mini Micro! The IslaBikes of the scooter world!

http://www.micro-scooters.co.uk/category/mini-micro-scooterss/

DezB
    Free Member

Even at 4 my boy would’ve sneered at a 3 wheeler!

Markie
    Free Member

Even at 4 my boy would’ve sneered at a 3 wheeler!

Oh no… My daughter is 2.5 and I was following the mini micro guidelines – fooled by advertising again!

Have absolutely no knowledge of 2 wheelers, though my day will apparently come sooner rather than later!

DezB
    Free Member

😀

DezB
    Free Member
    joemarshall
    Free Member

Blooming heck, we had a play with one of those mini micros the other day and it was a complete piece of junk, I had no idea they cost fifty quid, thought it was a supermarket ten pound special.

They have stupid steering that steers by leaning, a bit like a skateboard, but without the big platform, which means that while you are learning to scoot they constantly turn towards the side that you have your foot down. it’s a stupid paranoid safety device that just makes them suck to ride.

I think that two wheeled scooters have proper steering, which whilst it makes it possible to drop them, also makes them something worth riding.

Presumably the kid is asking for a scooter specifically, otherwise a bike is obviously far better – possibly balance bike if they can’t ride one yet.

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

TELL HIM TO MAN UP AND BUY A SKATEBOARD.

nbt

mini micros rock

Finley in full flow by Notoriously Bad Typist, on Flickr

davosaurusrex

My little girl has a mini micro and has loved it but has been riding bigger kids 2 wheelers lately, we’re about to get her one of these;

http://www.micro-scooters.co.uk/product/micro-sprite-pink/

Edit to say she’s just turned 4

mark90
    Free Member

+1 for mini micros, especially for younger kids. My daughter has just turned 5 and now mostly using her new two wheeled ally scooter. Until recently she’d been on a mini micro since aged two, it must have covered 100’s of miles. They are a world apart from the crappy three wheeled scooters with two fixed wheels at the back. The turning on the mini micro is so intuative, kids they really seem to take to it. Aged 4 I’d question how long before they grow out of the mini micro, but there is always the maxi option.

DezB
    Free Member

Well, if we’re doing pics – the JD Bug can handle some abuse

That was a year or so ago, now has a Grit with solid bars to cope with the Bri-flips etc 😉

s
    Free Member

Put it this way…….

Stick a varied selection of scooters out for a group of kids to fight play with in our garden

Feed a group of 4 year olds a selection of sugar based products, then, open the door to the garden and let the hords of 4 year olds run to their choice of weapon scooter and the mini micro win every time……and I do mean every party time!

😉

s
    Free Member

Now when they hit six, the story changes, expect your expensive plastic mini micro to be flung into the depth of the shed to be never seen again until eBay dad gets his hands on it in favor of a proper two wheeled ankle slicer 😉

jkomo

I’ve got a mini micro you can have.
    The brake has snapped off, but I imagine it’s a cheap replacement.
    Based in Oxfordshire, don’t really want to post.

s
    Free Member

gavtheoldskater – Member

TELL HIM TO MAN UP AND BUY A SKATEBOARD.

Just hitting that goal post this year at 9 and I thought scooters were expensive…..

ajc
    Free Member

I had to stop my 5 year old riding his plastic miro scooter as it was definately going to break. He now has a two wheeler that he jumps all over the place and rides the ramps in the skate park like the blonde mini dezb above. Most skate parks seem to be full of kids on mgp scooters rather than micro fold up ones, but they will be on the big side at 4. Fold ups seems to be the choice for parents on the school run.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘scooter for my 4 yr old’ is closed to new replies.