Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • SC Butcher or Nomad (ALU)
  • philbert31
    Free Member

Hi all, after looking at various brands ive finally decided to go for an SC, i like the the look of both the Butcher and the Nomad, both with R Am build, i know the Nomad is a bit more but i wouldnt mind paying it if really is worth it and is something i can progress my riding on! I will mainly be using on local trails, welsh trail centres and maybe some light DH.
    I had a quick go with the Butcher on a carpark (please no sausage jokes!!) and liked the feel of it ( it gets worse!) but i’ll try and demo them both properly over the next few weeks.

Id just like to hear your thoughts to try and make my decision easier before i go and spunk a shit load of money!

philbert31
    Free Member

Bumpo!

TheSwede
    Free Member

Quick if you want a Butcher. SC pulled the plug.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

where did you hear that?

godzilla
    Free Member

^ Where did you hear that?
    The lad below talks sense.

tpbiker
    Free Member

I’d think twice about buying a santa cruz full build as they’re hideously overpriced IMO. Wouldn’t you be better buying a frame and building it up? I managed to build up a far better speced Heckler than the top of the range version for significantly less cash, simply by shopping around.

Butcher Frame reduced at stif just now as well!

dashed
    Free Member

I demo’d butcher and nomad back to back on the same trails – Nomad won hands down…

pitcherpro
    Free Member

Try here Pro build
    Looks good and you can fiddle around building it !

jockhaggis
    Free Member

Nickel is suspiciously cheap at Stif as well. Wonder if it’s getting binned?

TheSwede
    Free Member

SC are stopping production with none on the water due to not being able to produce enough carbon frames and not selling as many nickels and butchers due to blurs nomads etc being more popular.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘SC Butcher or Nomad (ALU)’ is closed to new replies.