Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Savings accounts for kids
  • esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Looking for a savings a/c for the GrandSprog…something like the old Post Office one where you had a little book so when you put some dosh in your book got stamped (rather than an online one)
    Does such an a/c still exist?
    She’s 7 btw.

retro83
    Free Member

I’ve still got a Halifax one like that which my parents started when I was a nipper 🙂 I assume you can still get them now, as they update the book to a new one every so often.

Jaz1979
    Free Member

The account with the best returns at the moment seems to be Halifax regular saver account, which is offering 6% – its only valid for a year, before it reverts to their standard account but after that year you can move the money about – this is what we’ve gone for with mini jaz

beckykirk43
    Free Member

Not sure how the rates compare now but my parents set up me and my brother with Nationwide Smart2Save accounts. (and my brother still has his as he’s 15).
    Comes with a pass book thing to get stamped, and then has the option to get a cash card (not a debit card) at the age of 16.
    Was always good interest rates compared to things around at the time. Nationwide served me well (although I’ve now moved to natwest ‘cos who doesn’t want a free railcard?)

Fuzzyfelt
    Free Member

Yep, as per Jaz – Halifax regular saver here. You can save upto a £100/month for a twelve month period. We’ve then plonked it in a 4yr, 3yr and so on fixed term bond. By year 5 all will mature together and we’ll then have the one lump to….spend on bike bits! Oh no, thats the debt thread on the other forum. You can watch it online,but we don’t have a book for it!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Savings accounts for kids’ is closed to new replies.