• This topic has 17 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Smee.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Saving Glentress Wall Ride
  • rolfharris
    Free Member

I was wondering if something like a petition would be a way of persuading FC to leave the wall ride at glentress up. Both on the internet and gathering signatures from Buzzard's Nest.

Seems a real shame to tear it down since it's one of the only things I can look cool on up there. That and it's a lot of fun.

Diane
    Free Member

Are they thinking of taking it down then?

rolfharris
    Free Member

Yeah, they've blocked it off with a pile of trees and some gates.

jockhaggis
    Free Member

You can jump the trees if you carry your speed. 😉

rolfharris
    Free Member

Rad!

jockhaggis
    Free Member

Yeah dude!

Anyway, being serious I'm guessing someone panned themselves into the woodwork and they are worried about being sued in the future?

will
    Free Member

🙁

rolfharris
    Free Member

Seems it's a planning thing- one person on the comittee is unhappy and so it's going.

ChrisL

There are no current plans to tear it down. It got blocked off because (everyone's favourite) health and safety approval concerns. Currently to my knowledge plans are being made for the modifications considered necessary before it can be re-opened.

jedi

sad thing.
    people dont understand why people enjoy riding the stuff and thye're people that cant ride ride the stuff.
    they are the ones who make the rules

Swello
    Free Member

On the RSS feed for the trail conditions at Glentress, they recently changed "wallride closed until further notice" to "re-opening date TBC" – not sure if that's significant…..

7 Stanes Trail Conditions…

br
    Free Member

its been like it for most of the year – I'd heard that somebody had got well hurt on it

Smee
    Free Member

There were tyre marks that went off the top of it. Couldn't have been pleasant.

coogan
    Free Member

How many full sussers did you over take on it on your SS Goan?

Northwind

Hope I'm not overstepping by posting it but this is what Andy Wardman at glentress says:

"I believe plans detailing modifications required to the wallride have been made and a planning document is being prepared which will then have to be approved before any work can commence. I don't have any more details unfortunately as i'm not personally involved in this.

So, it will be reopened but before then it needs planning doc approval, then construction of modifications then sign off. Don't have a reopening date yet."

I don't think the rumours of a big crash are true though, way I heard it is that it's basically just an FC red tape/authorising nightmare come real. But there's so many rumours floating about, who knows? But like ChrisL says, doesn't look like there's any actual plan to tear it down, all the planning is around getting the thing open.

Is this a good time to spam the funding application for the Cardrona Pump N Jump track?

http://www.peoplesmillions.org.uk/regions/border/projects/cardrona-pump-n-jump-track

Kit
    Free Member

It took them bloody long enough to build it, you would have thought they'd have got all that sorted prior to it opening, instead of going "woops we've built something which might be considered unsafe so we'll close it again until someone gets their finger out to do the paperwork".

Northwind

That's where it gets complicated and I get a wee bit unsure of the facts, but I think that approval was given, and then subsequently withdrawn. Same sort of thing as has been happening with the new black section. But don't quite me on that 😉 Best bet if you really want to know is just to grab a ranger and ask, though I imagine they're a wee bit fed up about it :mrgreen:

Smee
    Free Member

Coogan – I dont actually have a singlespeed. 😀

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Saving Glentress Wall Ride’ is closed to new replies.