• This topic has 65 replies, 30 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by DrJ.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 66 total)
  • sauna etiquette
  • tails
    Free Member

The must be a few sauna users here. Not interested in how our scandinavian friends use them, just what’s correct in UK. Myself I use a wrapped towel although been thinking about bearing all in order to clear my skin further. the person who went in after me changed into swim shorts 🙄 Whats current sauna etiquette?

hora
    Free Member

Shorts, you can relax then. dont have to adjust etc especially if its a mixed sauna.

andym
    Free Member

No willy-waving.

Shorts in a mixed sauna sounds right – but in a single-sex sauna? – sounds a bit OTT.

FoxyChick
    Free Member

Myself I use a wrapped towel although been thinking about bearing all in order to clear my skin further.

So, you have some kind of nasty skin complaint down below?? 😯

Should you really be using a public sauna?? 😯

😉

falkirk_mark
    Free Member

do not knock one out or drool if it is a mixed saunaor you are gay,do not fart,do not shave

mattyh222
    Free Member

falkirk_mark – Member
    do not knock one out or drool if it is a mixed saunaor you are gay,do not fart,do not shave

GENIUS!

RudeBoy
    Free Member

The sauna I use occasionally is quite a small room, so you can be sitting/lying quite close to someone else. There are mixed sessions, an male and female/only times (when I go, it’s always bloody men only). The idea of sitting there, with someone else’s unfettered cobbly bobblers only inches away, is really rather repugnant. Anyway, the rules are shorts/trunks, swimsuits and bikinis. I used a sauna whilst on holiday in Norway, once. It was ‘mixed’, yet these two old blokes were sitting there bollock naked. Nasty. Different culture, I spose.

gustard_cannet
    Free Member

Been using my public sauna on and off for over 10 years now, i sure have seen some sites!

I always sit or lay on a towel, if i want to splash water on the coals and there’s other people in there, i’ll ask them if it’s ok.

I’ve always worn shorts, but towels are ok, i just think they’re a bit of a faff.

crispybacon
    Free Member

apparently this season one shouldn’t be seen in a sauna unless one is wearing a hat, slippers, shorts/bikini & beating oneself with a big bush (Oo’er) 😳

alwyn
    Free Member

Are speedos allowed?

tails
    Free Member

crispy bacon 😆

tails
    Free Member

i’d rather go naked than speedos

tails
    Free Member

So it’s decided i can’t go naked. One day i’ll have my own sauna. . .

SST
    Free Member

How about a “Borat” cossie?

RudeBoy
    Free Member

A Mankini?

Unsavoury.

tails
    Free Member

like this . . . close your eyes now

Is that ton??

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Remove that please. Now. No need for that.

MODS!

Take him away…

(Takes out brain. Scrubs it, soaks it in bleach. Puts back. Realises horrible image is still there. Scarred for life)

RudeBoy
    Free Member

No, seriously, come on. If you act now, you can remove it. Come on, don’t be nasty.

joe1983
    Free Member

That’s me in my new bib tights, how did you get that photo?!

tails
    Free Member

And thats merely from page 1 google image search . . . . anyone dare search further

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

One day i’ll have my own sauna. . .

I built a sauna – it’s dead easy 🙂

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Why is that pic still there? Come on tails, don’t be out of order.

crazy-legs

We were “introduced” to Finnish sauna etiquette 10 years ago on a holiday there, one member of our group delicately asked what the required clothing was for a sauna. The woman looked at him, astonished that anyone should ask such a simple question and then replied “You are naked! Of course!”

So we were. At first we drew the line at mixed saunas but in the end no-one cared. The Finns were genuinely surprised that we jumped through the hole in the ice into the river though, they said that Brit tourists had never done that before so they were very proud of us and our hosts brought us a few bottles of Finnish vodka to celebrate.

Mr_Krabbs
    Free Member

could just get some of these

tails
    Free Member

ooohhhh!! i missed the edit window i blame rudeboy 😉

tails
    Free Member

i can kinda see why people jump through the ice after sauna, although i’d jump straight back in sauna afterwards.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

LOL STILL LOL…You must have some balls to ask about sauna etiquette and as for your skin complaint..do you discus it whilst in the sauna. LOL

ton

DO NOT WEE ON THE COALS….EVER.

tails
    Free Member

😯 no, you never pissed on the coals ton??

Mr_Krabbs
    Free Member

Think i found out what happens if you look on the next page.

ton

no, you never pissed on the coals ton??

no, someone did at the rugby club.
    it was bad.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Oh Lordy!

MODS!

Two for the Ban Bus, here…

tails
    Free Member

thats horrific, perfect sauna attire.

zokes
    Free Member

OH NO!!!!! MY EYES!!!!! 😯

Mr_Krabbs
    Free Member

I won’t post the pic as rudeboy is a little squeemish, but i suggest you take a look. most amusing.

the ultimate mankini

sc-xc

😯

tails
    Free Member

GrahamS

Brits are far too uptight about these things. I’ve been to plenty of saunas in Austria (great after a day boarding). Naked and mixed is the norm, including sitting in the jacuzzis together. Sat in there with my mates and my wife. No issues.

In fact the only uncomfortable moment was sharing a jacuzzi with a German mum, dad and their very attractive teenage daughter! 😯

Of course I believe in UK saunas the normal etiquette is to get rigorously bummed by a homosexual gentleman.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

If that’s tails’ reaction, I’m NOT clicking on it!

GrahamS; maybe, maybe, but I really don’t feel all that comfortable with being too close to other men in a confined space, speshly if they were naked! Call me a prude, but I’m not comfortable with that.

Stayed in a place in Oslo once; a female friend from uni. She and her sister were hanging around in skimpies, and I had the surprise of her dad’s gelf wandering around in just her knickers. Now, we’re talking about 3 very fit Scandinavian ladies…

S’just not BRITISH, is it??!! 🙂

zokes
    Free Member

Pics?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘sauna etiquette’ is closed to new replies.