• This topic has 65 replies, 30 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by DrJ.
Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • sauna etiquette
  • Mr_Krabbs
    Free Member

pic here for you zokes

scandinavian in undies

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Pics? None for you… 😉

Actually, this lass was into tography, and she’d shown me some really good B+W nude pics, of a beautiful girl. It was only when she introduced me to her sister, and said ‘you’ve seen photos of her’, did it dawn on me! It literally was, ‘I didn’t recognise you with your clothes on’!

Mind, I tell you what; I can understand the Scandinavians being ok about getting naked; they generally tend to look a darn sight better than what you see on an average UK beach…

GrahamS

Got you RudeBoy, not secure enough in your sexuality to trust yourself around naked men. Fairy nuff! 😈

RudeBoy
    Free Member

LOL!

Certainly not if they’re anything like Hora!! 😯

Woody
    Free Member

Brits are far too uptight about these things. I’ve been to plenty of saunas in Austria (great after a day boarding).

Me too and often in Austria there is a sign at the door which takes away any doubt ie. Swimwear Forbidden. The embarrassment occurs when the occassional Brit appears in trunks which makes them look like a perv 😳

GrahamS

Yep, we’ve had the conversation several times where a concerned receptionist person has tried to discretely warn us that it is nekkid and we have to assure them that it’s okay, we’ve been before.

I wonder how many Brits get as far as the door, see the “No swimwear” sign and storm off muttering about bloody foreigners. 🙄

hora
    Free Member

Tails that looks like Xherbovia?!

grynch
    Free Member

last sauna I went to was up in Zermatt at a hotel mrs. and I stayed at.. everyone in the sauna ( men and women ) was butt arse nekid sitting on towels.

let me tell ya there is nothing like the sight of sweaty nekid german tourists to put you off your weinersnitzel

matt_outandabout

I agree grynch – mrs_oab and I had similar experience in a Austrian sauna….

*shudders at the memory of half a dozen butt nekkid German middle managers*

hora
    Free Member

Why dont 18yr old girls ever feel the need to sit in Saunas? At every sauna Ive been to its like they wait 20yrs, eat a few pies then decide to sweat out toxins when its abit too late.

Ps. Once I coaxed my girlfriend into trying a sauna, in walked two other chinese girls and I felt like Quagmire. Oh riggghtt (giggity)

tree-magnet
    Free Member

As with the others, my first experience of saunas was out in Germany. Coming back in off exercise we’d all head to the local salt baths and sit in the sauna and pools, butt arse nekkid like all the locals. It came as a bit of a shock the first time I went into a sauna in the UK in the same state of (no) clothing only to be asked to leave. 😕

molgrips
    Free Member

If you feel aroused in a mixed sauna then it’s not hot enough. Having said that I saunaed with my colleagues at one workplace in Finland and we had swimming cossies on. There were some fine female forms on display tho.

With regards ice dipping, it goes sauna ice sauna ice sauna ice (…) shower beer.

hora
    Free Member

Agree molgrips. At a gym when we were younger (Inches/Huddersfield) there was a dry HOT and a wet sauna. Now the dry hot sauna was that. Very hot. Once a few of us went in there and decided to wet the coals in the dry sauna to see how long we could stand it. We all started giggling uncontrollably due to the intense burning heat….. and a while later we were all coming round on the floor outside the sauna after being dragged out and revived.

I must add- this wasnt your normal run of the mill/heat turned up Sauna! It was sodding Arid and hardcore.

tails
    Free Member

right then STW swinley sauna ride saturday 14th feb cinnamon girl leading with rudeboy sweeper. 😉

GrahamS

There used to be a cheap sauna at our local municipal swimming pool.
    Despite the warning signs people frequently poured bottles of water over the “coals”.

It was only when you pointed out that they were in fact pouring water over an electric heater while standing dripping wet in a pool of water that they had a little think.

theotherjonv

I heard an interesting anecdote from a colleague about a mutual colleague’s behaviour in a sauna in France. they were at a conference hotel for a big industry meeting and one evening had gone down to the sauna – being one german and one swiss, seems a normal thing to do (the brits went to the bar)

The sauna had two doors, one to the changing area and one to the pool. As neither had trunks they were in the sauna wrapped in towels when the swiss guy announced he’d like a swim. ‘But you don’t have trunks?’ said Ingo. ‘No matter’ said HansRuedi, ‘I’ll be in the pool before anyone sees me’

So he peels off the towel, strides through door 2 straight into the lifeguard (female) patrolling the pool.

A conversation ensues along the lines of what are you doing standing naked on my poolside / if you let me jump in no-one can see me / there’s no way I’m letting you in my pool naked, which according to ingo lasted quite some time.

While in the meantime, all the other conference attendees and assorted other guests standing in the glass atrium of this large hotel sipping pre-dinner drinks are standing open mouthed as they stare down into the pool area at a senior industry figure’s wrinkly swiss c0ck as the drama unfolds.

To this day he doesn’t see what the fuss was about.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

hora – Member
    Why dont 18yr old girls ever feel the need to sit in Saunas?

Because they know that dirty pervs like you will be sitting there leering at them??? 😯

I think in societies where nudity is accepted, then it’s probbly loads easier to be naked around others. I am not comfortable with the idea in the place I go to! The reason for segregated sessions, is that there are issues with blokes being pervy, and there have been quite a few complaints from women, about inappropriate behaviour by some men. There are quite a number of young Asian men who use the centre, for whom unclothed females are an incredibly rare sight, so they often don’t know how to deal with it. I personally have had to have a word with some young lads, who think it’s ok to make lewd comments to women, who are just there for a swim, or sauna. And I’ve spoken to women, who say they sometimes feel quite uncomfortable, when there are groups of young Asian men around.

Different cultures.

molgrips
    Free Member

We all started giggling uncontrollably due to the intense burning heat…..

Finnish saunas are 100 degrees C for electric, or about 120 for wood fired. That burning thing is the whole point 🙂 Although one shouldn’t pass out…

avdave2

If you really want an exprience try the 200 degree challenge at the Amundsen Scott Polar Base. This involves starting in the sauna, running naked out of the building and circling the Pole before dashing back to the sauna. The name deriving from the fact that there is a temperature difference of over 200 Deg F. This apparently passes as entertainment in the long dark winter months. And as for the lack of attractive women there is a saying at the base that there is no such thing as an ugly woman at the pole.

hora
    Free Member

here is no such thing as an ugly woman at the pole.

You can imagine there are quite a few poles when there are any women around there.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Finnish saunas are 100 degrees C for electric, or about 120 for wood fired.

100 deg. C???? Are you sure?????

Boiled Finn, anyone? 😯

tails
    Free Member

even when a sauna is at 100 degrees does the body adjust your temp right back down to, is it mid thirties.

DrJ

Sweating into your swimming shorts? Yuck 🙁

coffeeking
    Free Member

Surely it doesnt matter if you’re wearing loose atire anyway? I mean a towel isnt going to stop your pores from sweating any more than the ambient air – you’re still just as hot, there’s still a similar ambient humidity etc etc.

Personally dont much like hanging about with loads of other people in the nude, it’s just a mildly uncomfortable situation – where to look, do I look at the wall, do I look AT them? I dont mind looking at them, I dont mind them looking at me but I dont want it to look like I’m staring, but likewise I dont want to be looking around the room. And can I get annoyed if one of them stares at me for a long time?

Really rather just have a shower and go home.

chakaping
    Free Member

When staying in a Barcelona hotel I once went into the sauna from the male changing room and sat naked on my towel, like I normally do in single sex saunas.

Then a door that I hadn’t noticed on the other side of the sauna opened and two women came in and sat down. Wearing bikinis.

I didn’t know the sauna etiquette for Spain, so I just toughed it out – hoping they didn’t either.

Suppose it was a good job they came in though, otherwise I’d probably have got up all hot and confused and walked naked into the ladies’ changing room by mistake.

DrJ

Really rather just have a shower and go home.

A nice cup of tea and a slice of fruit loaf 🙂

Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘sauna etiquette’ is closed to new replies.