Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 144 total)
  • Saturday new build pics :-)
  • MoseyMTB
    Free Member

They aren’t braided by the way, just standard shimano.

I’ve no issues with rubbing, it’s just the way it has to work in this case. The olive has to come off to remove the nut and the nut has to come off to remove the sheath.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Just a few more out of the stand 🙂

I love it so far. Stand over is a bit tight but absolutely fine.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Looks like it’ll be a whole heap of fun.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Cheers mate. Just need a powerlink, a new brake lever rubber sheath and to tune it all up and it should be good to go.

dalesjoe
    Free Member

Nice! I have the previous model five which I also built up. Great fun although I do seem to have one slight ‘problem’ with it. Pootling along it feels somewhat lethargic, start behaving/riding like a hooligan and it suddenly comes alive. It’s almost like there is a sweet spot to hit to get the most out if it. Just wish I could get that lively feeling when I don’t want to ride it like I stole it. Need to play with the shock settings a little, that might help.

Not sure I’m really making much sense but hopefully you’ll get my drifft!

bearnecessities

When I was 16, I got my ’93 Explosif resprayed in pretty much that colour and got mocked for it being “well-gay”.

I was just ahead of my time clearly 🙂 Naturally, I think your build looks well-gay tidy.

(P.S. I think your bread is trying to escape)

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Funny you should say that, about 5 minutes before that picture, the bread made an escape! That was post pick up!

Oh and I’ll take well gay as a positive 🙂

Goldigger
    Free Member

Ah I’m with you…
    I thought this through and ordered a couple of spare olives and barbs so I could cut the olive off and then remove the bolt and rubber.. As I would be shortening the hose anyway.

So I hope you don’t have execess hose all over the handle bars… 😀

iainc

I had an 08 one in Original Orange and have often hankered after another, despite having a 2015 Anthem SX which suits my riding a lot better. That mint colour though is lovely, nicest one I’ve seen !!

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

I’ve loads of barbs. It’s olives I don’t have 🙁

Now I have to try and find the rubber sheath for sale somewhere.

It could do with an inch off the hose I think.

Goldigger
    Free Member

All this grief the Mrs has caused you buying you this nice shiny new kit…

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Lovely bike. I have that washing up liquid!

1981miked
    Free Member

Coming on well mate, are those shoes for cycling? Perhaps more of a summer shoe if so.

What frame size is it and what height are you? Lots of positive comments on the colour which is good as that’s the colour I went for.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

I’m 5ft7 (just) and went for a small (16″). Stand over is tight but I’ve never bought a bike based on that.

I just want it finished now. Setting up the gears is my favourite bit so I’m annoyed I couldn’t do that today.

Hopefully this will give me the incentive to get fit and drop the extra weight.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Oh and the shoes are this seasons manliest mtb shoes. Excellent grip on flats.

Actually, that reminds me. I’m looking forward to trying out my new saint pedals.

Scamper
    Free Member

Mosey, I’m pretty sure when you order a new barb/olive kit off CRC etc you get those rubber sleaves too. That’s the only way I could have ended up with some spares I think after I didn’t realise new brakes come with spare barb/olive. If you have no luck I have a spare.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Cheers Scamper. I don’t even know what to begin searching for that part! What would it be called?

I’d happily chuck a few quid your way for it if I can’t find one. I appreciate the offer.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Anyone know what part number the rubber cover is?

I’ve checked on the exploded diagram but it doesn’t show the cover.

1981miked
    Free Member

Glad I stuck with the small frame size then when ordering mine. I was depating a medium based on the top tube length. I’m needing some flat pedals aswell as I have been riding spd’s for years. Been eyeing up some Nukeproof ones.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

I had saints about 4 years ago and they were amazing. The newer ones look perfect. I picked them up in Evans for £35.

Bargain

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Well, finally finished today.

Edit just realised I’ve not trimmed the gear cable on this pic!

1981miked
    Free Member

Looks good Mosey.. But Crocs! Don’t even get me started on the state of the mat and the dead plant!

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

The Crocs are the wife’s, the mat is for the dog and the plant well, that’s just dead ha!

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

I just need to sort out the cockpit. I want a slightly higher rise bar and to shorten the stem. Currently is a 70mm but I’d like to try 40 or 50mm.

jimbo45
    Free Member

Love the colour

1981miked
    Free Member

Stem does look quite long, my Four is coming with a 50mm stem as standard. I reckon I will need a 40mm but I’ll see how the 50mm stacks up.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

My ocd is screaming out for some Pike/Yari’s. The non kashima Shock too.

Oh the little things ha

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Better view 🙂

Oh and for those who pointed out the NW ring/crank misalignment, it’s been fixed.

riklegge

Really nice looking bike that. I’m keen to hear how you get on with it.

Scamper
    Free Member

Nice, nice. Let me know if you need the rubber thing.

Trying to decide between pike and Yaris myself – about £100 difference.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Scamper, I zip tied it on but thanks for the offer.

I’m excited to get riding.

bikebouy
    Free Member

All it needs now is You on it and Mud.

8)

cokie

Now that is a lovely build bud! Still can’t get over the lovely colour.
    Bontrager, you barstewards! How can they put on 3 rim stickers!! No hope of lining the tyres up. I’d have to de-sticker the rims 😆 .
    I wouldn’t get sucked into changing the fork and shock too much. It’s a nice to have thing. Spend the money on uplift days and cycling trips 😀

Edit: some matching mountain mint fork decals would look great!

dallas95
    Free Member

Bontrager, you barstewards! How can they put on 3 rim stickers!! No hope of lining the tyres up. I’d have to de-sticker the rims

That’s what I did to mine, just the white ones. Makes em more stealthy.
    That’s a good looking 5 Mosey.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

But of an update, got rid of some of the old finishing kit, updated the forks to Pikes and fitted a Renthal Apex and Fatbar lite combo. Keeping me busy whilst in and looking after Claire 🙂

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

I’m still deciding on these I had knocked up. Think I’ll stick with the standard decals for now.

riklegge

Looks ace.

philb88
    Free Member

Get the fork decals on. Will finish nicely!

cp

I’m not a fan of custom fork decals, but they’d look great!

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

That’s a really great looking 5 and I’m not usually a fan.

Are the Pikes an upgrade?

Pleased with the shorter stem?

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 144 total)

The topic ‘Saturday new build pics :-)’ is closed to new replies.