Viewing 24 posts - 121 through 144 (of 144 total)
  • Saturday new build pics :-)
  • Euro
    Free Member

I was bullied as a child about my hands so it sticks.

Proper lolled at that, sorry. If it makes you feel better i have small semi-pointy ears than bend inwards at the top and was called Spock as a child. Like the bike but you should ride it before changing any more stuff.

p.s. Your brakes levers are pointing down quite a bit (sorry if this is to compensate for your weird hands 😛 )

cokie

Get those decals on! They’ll look great.
    Perfect build now. Ready for the Spring and Summer coming up 😀

Edit: Get ride of that Hope sticker on the lowers. It clashes!

johnw1984
    Free Member

Always hankered after a Five, and you’re not helping. Proper good looking bike that now.

Hmm, maybe a frame swap next year…

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

i was just moving the bars and hadn’t moved the brakes yet 🙂

The Pikes are an upgrade for me. I just prefer Rockshox and i love the Pikes.

The stem is now 50mm instead of 70 which feels much better on the around the block test. Still got to sort the rear mech out.

Snow day from work today (Primary SEN Teacher) so should get a good few hours tinkering.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

I’ll put the decals on then. Worst case ill go stealth if they look awful.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Wasn’t sure when they arrived, but now they are on I think they look great 🙂

IMO of course 🙂 never been one to match colours before.

Cheeky bit of colour

mark88

Yep, they look great. Matching decals can look OTT on some bikes/colours but that definitely works.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

The next picture it will hopefully be covered in snow and mud. I’m hoping to meet a few of the people who reached out and offered riding groups to help me get fit and out.

Thanks all 🙂

pickle
    Free Member

That looks ACE!

mark88

Good to hear, enjoy.

I’m in the process of building a Spitfire in the Banshee ‘Mint Green’, I think I will be copying you with the matching fork decals.

bearnecessities

reached out

Stop that right now.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Stop that right now.

Is that because of grammar or me stopping with thinking I’m a burden ha

jonnym92

I really like that. Decals look awesome too. I never got round to testing one of these but I kind of wish I did – always had a soft spot for them.

I was going to match my Pikes with the cyan of my Nomad but I was a little too eager to ride it so whacked the Invisiframe on them before I had chance.
    Starting to think I should though.

Also, can I have an easter egg?

M6TTF
    Free Member

i really like that. top marks

bearnecessities

Because it makes me think of consultancy bingo 🙂

ravingdave

lovely looking bike Mosey,

the decals really clean up the look. where did you get them from? I could do with a colour matched set for mine…

cheers

1981miked
    Free Member

That looks great Mosey, really like the fork decals. Also be interested to know where you got them.. I’m picking up my Four tomorrow (time permitting).. Can’t wait. Glad you are getting it out for a proper shakedown.

Ps, can I have an Easter egg aswell.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

The fork decals came from Invisiframe. Yeah, I really like how they look.

The eggs are for the family I’m afraid. I’ve not even got one of them!

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Final update really and a follow on from my honesty thread, today I cracked the gearing issues, got the new grips on and got out for a short ride (and I mean short).

It felt great, the shorter stem will take some getting used too and the brakes squealed like mad! But it felt awesome! 🙂

Final pics, fully built and ready to go.

phil40
    Free Member

Looks great!

maxtorque

maxtorque
    Nice Bike OP. Would look great with some custom colour matched Fork Decals……

(go the extra mile, you know you want too……. )

Told Ya So! 😆

jamj1974

I think that looks great. Love the fork decals – they add a brilliant finishing touch. Now thinking of this for my next build…!

Goldigger
    Free Member

MoseyMTB
    When you threaded the bottom bracket in, did it go in easily or did it require some force? One side of mine required some force..getting the crank in and out requires some force to!
    Does your rear wheel sit central inbetween the seat stays? Mine sits to the left..

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Goldigger, sorry I’ve only just seen this.

My bottom bracket was stiff. I took it out to remove some a spacer and it went back in much easier. I believe there was some paint overspill left in that wasn’t reamed (?) out.

The wheel I’ll have to check, I think I’ve read something before about it being offset though. I’ll get back to you when I find the thread.

Viewing 24 posts - 121 through 144 (of 144 total)

The topic ‘Saturday new build pics :-)’ is closed to new replies.