Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Saris Bones 2/3- any good?
  • rossrobot
    Free Member

Looking for a decent car rack.
    Have a new Passat (saloon), and hoping for a sturdy rack that could suit other cars also.

Anyone recommend the Saris Bones racks? Need it to carry at least two bikes.

kimbers

I’ve carried 2 bikes easily on my saris 2 and its by far the most sturdy rack ive used
    its on hatxhback

zigzag69
    Free Member

They’re good. Top tips? Helicopter tape on the bumper / boot lid where the feet go to stop them scratching the paint. I’ve also seen folk wrap the feet in something like elasticated bootees (if that makes sense).

Also something like pipe insulation / cut up inner tube to protect the bike frame around the straps.

stevewhyte
    Free Member

I have the Bones RS and its great. Easily the most secure rack of its type and so so easy to fit.

I changed cars after buying it and new car has tow ball so will probably change for that type.

crapjumper
    Free Member

I’ve got the bones 3 and it’s bulletproof . Easily the Best rack I’ve ever owned . Depending on what frame you’ve got you might need to buy the crossbar attachment (£17 halfords). That’s one for each bike but it’s well worth it . Try winstanley cycles cos they used to be the cheapest around .

rewski
    Free Member

bones 3 for 8+ years, great rack, I’ve scratched by spoiler with the buckles though, I had to get a crossbar attachment for my zesty, was a right pig to get on without.

rossrobot
    Free Member

Thanks all. Super helpful.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Saris Bones 2/3- any good?’ is closed to new replies.