Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Sarah & Duck. Brilliant!
  • sandwicheater

Is the only program we watch with our son (he’s just turned one) mainly because I enjoy it also. Any other parent seen it/love it.

Any other gems you could recommend?

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

our little man gets the following on rotation (he’s 2.5 now):

64 Zoo Lane
    Night Garden
    Ben & Hollys Little Kingdom
    Abney & Teal
    Peppa Pig

GrahamS

muggomagic

I always laugh at the faces the bag pulls when the old lady is rummaging around in it…..

bencooper
    Free Member

It’s wonderful – the bike shop one with the Bradley Wiggins lookalike is ace.

Other favourites (apart from those mentioned above) are Wooly & Tig and Come Outside.

dooosuk
    Free Member

Pingu’s not as good as it was back in the day.

mudshark
    Free Member

I like In the Night Garden but my son has grown out of it now. He’s all Numtums and Octonaughts now though still likes Shaun the Sheep which is fab.

Not sure who Pingu’s Dad is doing all that ironing for.

molgrips
    Free Member

The best thing about Sarah and Duck is the theme song. Brilliantly minimal and not without irony I think 🙂

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Sarah and Duck a favourite in our house too.

My lad, now 2 and a bit, is mad keen on Raa Raa the noisy Lion, on BBC iPlayer.

Drac

twistedpencil

Quack!
    It’s great one of the most quirky cartoons I’ve seen in ages. It’s loved by all in our house, even the 6year old boy puts down his ninja power super plastic toys when it comes in 🙂 it gets repeat viewings towards the end of the day when we want to calm the clan down.

mintimperial

Yep. Sarah And Duck is the best, love it.

Abney and Teal is pretty good too.

zippykona

Blue Cow

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

oh, and I’ve said this elsewhere before, laptop + youtube search “diggers” or “dump trucks” or “tractors” or “diggers and dump trucks” or “tractors and diggers” (you get the idea)… instantly transfixed child.

doris
    Free Member

we love sarah and duck in our house, and as my mate is the art director on it we have some original artwork and doodles from the animators 8)

hillsplease

Phineas & Ferb. I know it’s Disney and hence evil, but I love it.

D0NK

not seen it, kids made the switch to citv just as S&D started I think, bloody awful it is too with the exception of TMNT which is pretty funny. Just got em a bumper pack of kids dvds so now put those on instead, Gru is now one of my favourite film characters.

GrahamS

made the switch to citv just as S&D started I think,

My kids are only allowed to watch CBeebies!

Not for any snobby reasons. Just that it avoids them being bombarded by adverts. Whenever they see CITV/Milkshake/Disney/whatever at a friend’s house all we hear is “I want that doll. And that talking cat. And that bubble gun. And that pony. And that playhouse. And that..”

Sadly “our telly doesn’t get those channels” 😀

verses

You’re probably a couple of years off it yet, but I can heartily recommend “Almost Naked Animals”, usually has me laughing.

Coincidentally, “Duck” is one of my favorite characters in it.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DY0ASph-n6U[/video]

ourmaninthenorth

Also love watching Sarah and Duck with Ms North. It chills her nicely as part of the bedtime routine. And I get to laugh at Roger Allam and imagine him as Peter Mannion in the Thick of It*

*And as Falstaff in Henry VI Pt 2, but that might sound a bit pretentious… 😉

40mpg

My daughter has a fixation with Adventure Time

It just messes with my brain

(She’s 15)

NYC101009

Pingu’s – The Thing

molgrips
    Free Member

My kids are only allowed to watch CBeebies!

Not for any snobby reasons. Just that it avoids them being bombarded by adverts.

+1.

BBC and Netflix here. I can’t stand the ads, I hate the thought of these people rammign shit down my kids throats*

*any more than they already do!

bencooper
    Free Member

Netflix is great too – even if at the moment we’re getting Frozen on repeat…

epicyclo

Postman Pat was the staple in our house. Nice show, absolutely no one being nasty or superior.

johndoh
    Free Member

Our kids (and me) love Ben & Holly. I have been known to laugh out loud several times, especially at Nanny Plum.

They also really like Cartoonito Tales with Jane Horrocks narrating. It does my head in though because they have watered down all the endings (for example, the wolf in Three Little Pigs is actually just judging a house building competition and he’s friendly).

WTF is that all about?

GHill

The wife and I like Sarah & Duck even more than our daughter does.

Other progs that get watched are Katie Morag and Swashbuckle.

riddoch

Postman pat winds me up with his basic incompetence. Plus why does everyone order stuff from the next town over and not collect rather than letting Pat loose/play/break it, grr.

Scamper
    Free Member

I was doing the Tree Foo Tom moves with my 2yr at 7am this morning. He doesn’t share his sap stone utility belt mind.

Night garden is where it’s at best watched with sleep deprevation.

cyclebiker

Quack!

brakes
    Free Member

I like the one where Duck pretends to be a penguin.

my boy doesn’t watch a lot of TV (snore) but loves In the Night Garden, Peter Rabbit and Chuggachuggachuggachugga Chugginton.

kuman
    Free Member

Our little man (18months old) loves Raaraa.

weare138
    Free Member

I like Abney and Teal, makes no sense but it reminds of TV of yore. Bernard Cribbens on Ols Jacks Boat is also good. My kids are growing too quick and we seem to be moving away from cbbc.

brakes
    Free Member

I find RaaRaa abhorrent.
    He’s like the annoying kid in the park that you wish would fall off the slide when he’s climbing up it the wrong way.

twicewithchips
    Free Member

+1 for Abney and Teal, esp the poc pocs.
    Also we have a DVD of Ivor. I’m getting a bit worried we might wear it out.

nick1962
    Free Member

+3 Sarah and Duck in our house

Postman pat winds me up with his basic incompetence.

+1 He needs to shut the door on that van properly and keep Jess well away from Royal Mail property.
    My 3 year old thinks I’ve got a pocpoc phone

Both my kids think I am amazing as I always know which programme is coming on next on CBEEBIES-I’m guessing when they learn to read my sneaky TV listings/Infoguide ruse will get busted

fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

Quack

tomfun

Yo gabba gabba on Netflix is great. My 3yr old girl loves it. She also has a twice a day frozen habit which is quite annoying.

steveoath
    Free Member

Cheers for the sarah and duck tip. LittleOath and myself were very happy having a gander 🙂

QUACK!

molgrips
    Free Member

Yo gabba gabba.. Jesus… 😯

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘Sarah & Duck. Brilliant!’ is closed to new replies.