Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Santa Cruz Tallboy
  • RepacK
    Free Member

Clicky

Handsome bike but Im not sure a 29" FS is going to work?..

jfeb
    Free Member

not sure a 29" FS is going to work?..

Why not? Lots of other companies doing it to. Santa Cruz effort looks nice in a comfortable, familiar sort of way. The frame is going to be the wrong side of £2k though for sure.

I wonder how much travel is has? I am guessing 120mm F&R.

Edit: Just re-read the article and it says 100mm

TooTall
    Free Member

Thank you for your comments.

Your views have been noted by the 29er community and given due deference. I'll pass your wisdom on to Mr Fisher, Mr Sultan, Mr Niner, Mr Astrix, Mr Lenz, Mr Zinn and all the other misguided FS 29er manufacturers.

BTW – is your post a statement or a question? I'm confused.

bonesetter
    Free Member

lol

TooTall
    Free Member

Almost forgot – even Mr Specialized, who hates big wheels, has his FS 29er shizzle fo nizzle these days.

Sam

They do look nice and I'd be interested in trying one. The head angle seems kinda steep for an FS bike, I wonder what fork it is designed around. Chainstays are unbelievably short, I suspect tyre/mud clearance is going to be minimal.

nickc

Tallboy, named for a cupboard or a bomb?

named after a cupboard, you look a bit, well, stupid? named after a bomb makes you look…

Dunno, maybe I'm being too picky?

Nice bike though

jfeb
    Free Member

I agree. Stupid name.

Manchester-Trev
    Free Member

id go a superfly 100 over that thing anyday.

http://fisherbikes.com/bike/model/superfly-100

MrAgreeable

named for a cupboard or a bomb?

nickc

"The beer that made Milwaukee Famous"…Ohh that Tallboy, what was I thinking… 🙄

MrAgreeable

It's a generic term in America for any tin containing a bonus-size helping of piss-weak beer.

mos
    jfeb
    Free Member

So is it a bit like calling the bike a "Santa Cruz 33% Extra"?

MrAgreeable

Coming soon – the On-One Party Seven…

RepacK
    Free Member

Ok Ive been out of the loop as Ive been away so I apologise for my lack of responsem but I still dont see the advantages of a 29er unless yer a big lad..The wheels arent as strong, spares will be harder to come by, the advantages of having a big wheel really only come into play on a rigid bike when there is no suspension to help roll/overcome obstacles and they are less agile & slower to roll. For my 2 p I think 29ers are a bit of a fad.

& hey TooTall its just my opinion so chill out a little ok?

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

You could also say 26" wheels are not as strong as 24" wheels…..

Spares are hard to come by….?? Rims and tyres are pretty plentiful now.

The advantages of having a big wheel really only come into play on a rigid bike when there is no suspension to help roll/overcome obstacles and they are less agile & slower to roll – how do you work that one out?

I think 29ers are a bit of a fad – Definite troll

RepacK
    Free Member

No mate not a troll – if 29ers are sooo cool how come we arent all swapping our wheels for one?? & there is no way there are as many 29er spares available as 26 – just look at the number of bikes sold with each wheel size. As for slower to roll/less agile – its true, do some research & you will find out.

Still think they are a fad!

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Do some research and you will see they are not just a fad 🙄

RepacK
    Free Member

Bud just look at the amount of bikes being sold w 26" as opposed to 29" then tell me its not a niche market.

singlespeedstu

Yep it's true 29er are rubbish.

Move along now on your 26er there's nothing to see here.

rOcKeTdOg

29ers are rubbish? S**t!! too late!

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Santa Cruz Tallboy’ is closed to new replies.