Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Santa Cruz Butcher?
  • SBrock
    Free Member

Has anybody on here got one yet??

I really want one, but just need to know how much better they pedal than a Heckler?

I have recently SOLD my Heckler as have a baby coming but am looking at a a new frame in the New Year….

Im gonna put a 150mm RS Sektor on it and run the STD Fox Float on it as hopefuly it will behave better than the Float on the Heckler!!

SBrock
    Free Member

Got my Lime Green Butcher today…gonna build her up over the next few weeks.

Anyone got any pics of their Butchers??

mikewsmith
    Free Member

gonna build her up over the next few weeks.

Slacker!! get it done by the morning and ride all day!!

slowrider
    Free Member

my old man got one in september. ive had a few goes on it and its more active than your average single pivot- whether that equates to better pedalling depends on if you are a spinner or a masher i suppose! its a nice bike, feels fun and capable and all that. not massively slack or anything, pretty middle of the road for its travel but thats not a bad thing at all.

the only critisism i could level at it is that its had 6 months regular use and the (warrantied) bearings need replacing already. this could possibly be because when it arrived the front shock mount hadnt had all the paint chased out of the thread so there was a bit of play which may have lead to premature bearing wear. its hard to tell as they are too new really for many people to give feedback on bearing wear. lets hope they are better than the old blur!

StuE
    Free Member
    Bregante

“Have look here”

I reckon he already has!

07-14-2010   #7
    stevebrock
    mtbr member

hoping to see a Lime Green one……..

Just sold my L Heckler and always thought I could of done with a M as I have short legs!

Hopefully going to get a Lime Green after Christmas as have a baby coming and have lots to buy!

Davesport

Large frame, I’m 6.1″, Fox 36 Talas, Hope Hoops, Hope Tech M4’s & a Thompson finishing kit. I can’t make a valid comparison to the Heckler as I’ve only been on one for 5 minutes. I ruled the Heckler out pretty quickly as I didn’t like the geometry, especially the head angle. I bought this for use almost exclusively in UK trail centres & so far I’ve not been disapointed. I’d have another one tomorrow, with the exception of the Talas fork. I’d read all the reports about lack of “small bump sensitivity” not thinking about what this meant in the real world. Well now I know & am considering getting them changed to a coil spring.

D.

Markjbanks
    Free Member

Looks gr8 davesport! Got mine on order, was trying to decide what fork but you saying that think it’s the vans for me! Can’t wait to get mine built!

Davesport

Markjbanks.

I’d got used to having a lockdown type of thingy on my Bombers. It was nigh on essential for my Norco Six. The seat tube has a huge amount of layback & with the seat up for climbing there’s a lot of weight over the back end which resulted in vague steering on steep climbs. The dropper arrangement worked a treat & I became “convinced” I’d still need it on the Butcher. I’ve just spent a week going between Laggan Wolftrax & Ft William on the Butcher & tried leaving the fork fully extended on the climbs. On everything but the steepest parts I can live with the fork on full extension. I think Mojo can convert Talas to Van but I haven’t investigated this yet & I’ve no idea of the cost involved.

For me doing this again I’d be having the Van fork & live without the 40mm or so of drop that the Talas provides.

Thanks for the comments on the Bike. I’m really happy with the way it covers up my lack of talent 🙂

D.

SBrock
    Free Member

seabright blue looks pretty cool, nice bike!!

Skyline-GTR
    Free Member

IMO it’s the Sektor R fork that lets the package down.
    With a Fox fork it’s a great bike.
    It pedals superbly and descends even better with the right fork.

antarcticboy
    Free Member

Just bought the lime green frame and there building it up for me ….really impressed with the test ride…..

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Santa Cruz Butcher?’ is closed to new replies.