Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Samsung phone constantly losing internet connection (3mobile)
  • hora
    Free Member

The phone is now 1 month shy of the 2yr Samsung phone warranty and 3mobile are dragging their feet. Telling me its the SIM card then its where I am.

Signal was fine at home and in the office and suddenly its not? Text and calls work but sending a picture by text doesn’t go and the internet wont connect.

Ideas? I’ve done the pull sim card reset etc. It happened sporadically before- magically returns itself. Now its been 3days solid.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Have you dropped it ? My iPhone had sporadic WiFi connections and a bit of google revealed that dropping the phone can dislodge or even break the ariel. Might be worth taking the back off and have a general look around.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

My S4 occasionaly drops the signal and doesn’t pick it up again untill you restart the phone, never did figure out whether it was the phone or T-mobile the internet seemed split 50:50.

binners

Its overloaded with grot

hora
    Free Member

Its overloaded with grot

When they said ‘factory reset’ my first and only thought was ‘what about my bookmarks’! I wonder when they were talking to me on the phone the 3 chap had a note on his screen ‘dirty bugger’.

gonzy
    Free Member

hora there is a samsung repair centre in manchester city centre. they are located above the Boots store near the arndale centre food court (you have to go through the Boots store to get to the place)
    get it down to them to have a look at it. if its still under the 2 year warranty they should be able to repair it so long as its a defect.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

thisisnotaspoon – Member
    My S4 occasionaly drops the signal and doesn’t pick it up again untill you restart the phone, never did figure out whether it was the phone or T-mobile the internet seemed split 50:50.

Mine does this about once as month or so EE

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Wifi or mobile internet?

hora
    Free Member

Cheers gonzy, will do. Its mobile internet not wifi thats dicky.

Harry_the_Spider

Mine (Galaxy Ace II) is almost 2 years old and is hopeless. Battery life is about 10 hours on standby and I can forget about any connection other than WiFi. Still… it is keeping my bill down.

Roll on Christmas when I can swap it.

gonzy
    Free Member

Its mobile internet not wifi thats dicky.

that could be a network issue or a firmware/software issue
    if its firmware or software make sure you back everything up on the phone via samsung kies on your pc/laptop because if the repair centre do repair the phone they will wipe it clean and you’ll lose everything

dooge
    Free Member

I would say thats possibly a phone fault. If its losing signal and everyone else around you on 3 isnt complaining what are the chances its 3? Have you been into the network settings?

If not go to Settings, Networks (or More Networks) then Mobile Networks. Mobile Data needs to be on, Network Mode keep to LTE/WCDMA/GSM(auto connect) or WCDMA/GSM(auto connect) as any other option will result in either picking up 3G/H+ or E/G only.

The phone should automatically pick up the 3 mobile settings and that can be accessed through Access Point Names or APNs. It should show one or two settings and one will have a green circle to show its selected. After a factory reset this may need to be selected again to work as it goes back to basics. If those are all checked its worth getting the phone checked out.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Samsung phone constantly losing internet connection (3mobile)’ is closed to new replies.