• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Rik.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Salsa Fargo and pannier racks
  • christof
    Free Member

So I’ve ordered a pair a the super cheap £5 on-one pannier bags, but need to get a rack! I’ve got a 2015 Salsa Fargo with alternator drop outs, the Salsa Wunderlust rack is just so much, £80!
    So what have another people used?
    Cheers, Chris

garlic
    Free Member

I’ve had a Tubus Cosmo rack for 9 years. Not cheap(was £120 at the time) but it’s lasted- been on 4 different bikes and completed 3 long international tours. Also use it for commuting/shopping. Came with spacers to clear complicated dropout designs, also sits quite a way back for good heel clearance. They can be scored for £60ish now which makes them a bargain.

OCB
    Free Member

I have a sense that the alternator dropouts might narrow your options down a bit – I don’t think they are super easy to use with ‘normal’ racks (like the Wunderlust).

Don’t hold me to that tho’ – I’ve got a Vaya, so it’s not come up directly, but I think I’ve read something on the Salsa site that makes me think it’s been an ‘issue’ for people.

😕

Rik
    Free Member

Look on RoseBikes they sell Tubus racks really cheap. Just watch out for tyre clearance if you run 2.3 ish tyres

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Salsa Fargo and pannier racks’ is closed to new replies.