Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Saddles that become uncomfortable!
  • cloudnine
    Free Member

Had a charge knife on my tripstet for 18 months and has been fine up until about 3 weeks ago.
    Its now killing my arse. Feels like I’ve bruised something between my balls and perineum.. Sits bones feel a bit tender too. I’ve made no bib short or saddle height changes.

daver27
    Free Member

Thanks for sharing. 😆

cloudnine
    Free Member

Just wondering if it had happened to anyone else..

scotroutes

I’ve used Charge Spoons and find them great for a while but the padding packs down over the course of a year or so and they then need to be replaced.

momo

How many miles have you covered in these 18 months, might be that the padding has compressed/broken down. Are there softer spots where your sitbones contact it?

Or have you lost/put on weight?

iainc

mine got a bit achy before a prostate cancer diagnosis…..just sayin…..

rutland
    Free Member

There is a possibility that it’s not the saddle that has changed, but your flexibility. For example, if your hamstrings are tighter than normal, then your legs are not going to extend as far / as freely and consequently you will rock more on the saddle. To test, drop the saddle a touch and see if comfort improves.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Probably done about 3k miles on it… Was 2nd hand when I bought it though…

molgrips
    Free Member

I have an SDG whatever on my Patriot, had it for years, really happy with it.

Fitted another one from the spares bin to my hybrid/gravel conversion, dead dick syndrome in about half an hour.

daver27
    Free Member

i’ve had the same with Charge saddles, comfy as you like for ages, then they seem to just get progressively more uncomfortable.

canopy
    Free Member

check the angle? i was getting some hip joint aches after fitting my dropper. used a spirit level to get the level right (in my case dead flat) and no more aches

ehrob

Same, running Charge Spoons on both bikes, seem to last a couple of years then get a bit less comfy.

joshvegas
    Free Member

molgrips – Member
    I have an SDG whatever on my Patriot, had it for years, really happy with it.
    Fitted another one from the spares bin to my hybrid/gravel conversion, dead dick syndrome in about half an hour.

Rather amusingly that is officially known as Alcock syndrome.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Saddles that become uncomfortable!’ is closed to new replies.