Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Saddle slipping
  • All-On-Black
    Free Member

I keep having trouble on my road bike where I tend to slide forward on the seat.
    Tried tilting the saddle at different angles but still find that I slide forward.
    So I keep having to push myself back, but doing this over and over again causes my shorts to ride backwards and get real tight and uncomfortable after a few miles.

Anyone else had the same problem or know what to do with it?
    The saddle is a fizik aliante..

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Shorter stem, perhaps?

All-On-Black
    Free Member

I thought that, but i’m not stretched out at all, if I get on the top of the bars, the shortest distance from the saddle to the bars, it still happens.
    Maybe I need a flat saddle..?

Three_Fish
    Free Member

But if you’re moving forward even when the saddle is tilted back, it would seem to suggest that it’s actually your body trying to return to a more comfortable position. I suppose that a saddle that is too narrow might squeeze you forwards. Do you have another saddle – like off your proper bike – that you could test out?

Junkyard
    Free Member

do you slide all the time or is it when you put power down or is it general. Can you move the seat forward on the rails ? I often sit back on mine even if I move it further back no idea why I do this

All-On-Black
    Free Member

I’ve tried tilting it back and forwards, and sliding it forwards more.. but nothing seems to work. It’s got quite a high back on it, which I think is why I slide forward.
    It’s mainly when i’m on flats, not so much on climbs. It’s a pain in the arse, literally!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

tilt the nose of the sadddle up a bit

All-On-Black
    Free Member

tilt the nose of the sadddle up a bit

tried that mate.. not working. just makes my ‘you know what’ a bit numb!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Saddle slipping’ is closed to new replies.