Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • saddle pack????
  • daftvader
    Free Member

afternoon…
    for the road bike. what are peoples opinion of these? any that are recomended. i only need to put patches, pump, levers, minitool, keys and phone. i could use the pockets on my top but dont like doing that
    cheers

thehustler
    Free Member

I use one, some people say its wrong……..saves uncomfortable lumps in pockets though mine’s just a cheapie that came with one of the aldi puncture kits, does the job though

daftvader
    Free Member

why is it wrong??? is this a fashion police issue?

IHN

I have a tiny Spesh saddle pack that holds a tube, levers, chainsplitter, puncture repair kit and a 4/5mm double-ended allen key. Pump is mounted under bottle cage. A slighlt bigger pack would easily hold phone and keys (they go in a drybag in my jersy pocket at the mo)

druidh
    Free Member

I use one. It’s handy knowing that all the necessary bits and bobs are attached to the bike to I don’t need to find them when I’m going out for a ride.

The wee Ortlieb ones are very nice

jonba
    Free Member

Topeak mini for me or my Arkel off the mountainbike if I need more space for long rides (100miles+).

Don’t like having heavy things in my jersey pocket or solid things in case I crash.

For short rides and racing where I am only carrying one bottle I’ve started using one of those tool containers that go in bottle cages. I still need to carry enough to get me round the rest of the lap if I get a puncture or other mechanical – no support vehicles in local stuff.

daftvader
    Free Member

i reckon that when i get to doing hundred milers i will still use a bag… possibly.

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

I use one on my hard tail when commuting, ‘cos the bike has bottle mounts too so I can get away without a pack. Small Topeak one, had it about 15 years.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

I just use a small Pro one.. Fits a couple of tubes, a couple of CO2 canisters,& levers, & a mini cool tool and £10..

If I need anything more, I’ll ring the Mrs and she can pick me up!! 🙂

shortcut

Pretty sure the answer will be found in here: http://www.velominati.com/the-rules/

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘saddle pack????’ is closed to new replies.