Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Saddle bag, roadie content I'm afraid, what options
  • lee170
    Free Member

I could do with a saddle bag for my roadie but I hate the look of them, thought about the water bottle type ones but I could do carrying 2 drinks on big rides. I’m currently stuffing them In my jersey but its weighty.
    So I need a bag I could virtually hide under the saddle, or as close to as possible. Would need to hold innertube, multi tool, and co2 pump.
    Any ideas??

nickdavies

I wrap a mini tool, inflator, tyre lever and a co2 cart with a toe clip and that straps to the seat rails. No good for anything else obviously but if that’s all you want to carry it’s about as unobtrusive as it gets.

Birzman get good reviews for their mini ones, there’s another really small one that’s been mentioned on here before it’s just a canvas roll with a strap but I can’t think for the life of me what it’s called.

iainc

Have a look at the tiny Lezyne ones

onandon
    Free Member

could do with a saddle bag for my roadie but I hate the look of them

Any ideas??

Stop being a princess would be one suggestion.
    Another would be a Elan 210 Carbonium.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

What he said, or you could cut a section of motorbike innertube and put stuff in that before strapping to the seat if you want to keep spray off it.

I just use one of these, holds a tube, tool, repair kit, CO2 cartridge (and one of those small screw on adapters, not the big inflators). Small enough that it’s unobtrusive and lives on the bike so I don’t have to think about packing pockets and remembering where stuff is for a quick ride.

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/comp-bike-saddle-bag-02l-id_8036796.html

epicsteve
    Free Member

Specialized also do some fairly small ones so also might be worth a look. I use one of the Specialized ones myself (not one of the smallest ones though) and while I agree they’re not pretty it is very useful. Mine has 2 inner tubes, a puncture repair outfit, a multi-tool and a small lock (for cafe/pub stops) – so there is a fair bit of space even without expanding it. I don’t use CO2 so have a mini pump that fits to the side of one of the bottle cages. Like others have mentioned I like to leave everything on the bike to make sure I don’t forget it – plus I don’t really like having much stuff in my pockets.

This is my bike with the saddle bag in place (it is a Roubaix though so perhaps expected to have more stuff attached than something racier):

iainc

This is the Lezyne one I have on summer road bike

http://road.cc/content/review/132345-lezyne-road-caddy

aP
    Free Member

I use the Arkel bags. Long lasting, simple (no zips), and pretty easy to put on or take off.

scotroutes

The Ortlieb Micro is pretty unobtrusive (unless you want one of the bright colours) and is the usual Ortlieb bombproof quality.

lunge

Decathlon for me. I use this one which is small and barely noticeable. Fits a tube, a multi tool, some CO2 and my inhaler in nicely.

There’s also a smaller one here if you which. Dirt cheap too so if you don’t like it you’ll not have lost much.

TheGingerOne

Could always go for a strap to hold tubes, tool, levers and canisters

BackcountryResearchStrap

BillOddie

I have one of these for exactly that. It’s ace.

https://www.alwaysriding.co.uk/inside-line-equipment-seat-bag.html
    https://ilequipment.com/collections/frontpage/products/seat-bag

Weecog and BigXtop make similar in the UK for less.

chakaping
    Free Member

I use a Spesh one that I got with a bike in 2008.

I don;t see it when I’m riding and I don’t look at my bike when I’m not.

monkeyboyjc

I haven’t got one, but if I were in the market fir a new saddle bag I’d go for a Topeak Dynawedge….

simondbarnes

Another vote for the Ortlieb Micro.

lee170
    Free Member

Thanks for all the help/suggestions.
    I’ll look into the links

deepreddave
    Free Member

As a new to trying road cycling the topeak wedge medium seems ideal. Holds my phone, 2 tubes, mini tool and the levers. Way better than having them on my back or landing on them.

belugabob
    Free Member

I bought one of these for my recent road bike build…
    Altura saddlebag
    It easily takes a spare tube, multitool, brake pads, tyre levers, mech hanger, tubeless repair kit and quick links – and it has a built in light, too.

All looking good, so far.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Saddle bag, roadie content I'm afraid, what options’ is closed to new replies.