Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • Russia to host world cup
  • Jamie
    Free Member

If I had a time machine, the first thing I’d do is go back and un-invent football.

Killing Hitler not a priority then?

7hz
    Free Member

If I had a time machine, the first thing I’d do is go back and un-invent football.

Killing Hitler not a priority then?

Naa, maybe second on the list, but only after I’d made sure that nothing like that hateful game (*spit* football *spit) would ever come out of human civilisation, EVER.

🙂

National sport indeed. National excuse to sit about and point at the telly for 90 minutes, then talk to your mates for at least another week about same 90 minutes of a bouncy round thing getting tapped about by twits.

😀

orange
    Free Member

first round voting results were:

England 2
    Netherlands/Belgium 4
    Spain/Portugal 7
    Russia 9

prior to this England had been rated as having the best commercial and best technical bid – so what was the point when it comes down to some random fifa officials to vote?

trailmonkey

7hz you seem really tense and full of aggression and anxiety. have you considered some way of being able to vent that, maybe for an hour or a half or so, once a week maybe ?

seems to work for a lot of people.

Hadge
    Free Member

7hz – I’m pretty sure there are far more people who actually “play” football than go out into the countryside riding “silly” bikes – it’s a case as each to their own. Far more people actually talk about football too and most people see cyclists as dorks, especially those in their budgie smugglers.

tomsk01
    Free Member

Think we’ll make a big enough mess of the Olympics, no need to embarrass ourselves any further by hosting the world cup

chewkw
    Free Member

Go away football or Olympics … go far far away. Nobody wants you here. You are way passed your sell by date. Go to some 3rd world nations to help them boost their economy but not here. Hassle them rather than trying to artificially boost the feel good factor here. We do not want you.

You vile piece of non-entity.

I step you on FIFA/Olympics big events maggots.

😈

psling
    Free Member

What chance Israel qualifying and doing well at the 2022 World Cup Finals 😕

markfu
    Free Member

Also doesnt help when the night before the vote Mindless brummies decide to have a riot after the mickey mouse cup game. I’m sure all the other bidding states made sure the Fifa delegates saw that several times.

Football hooliganism has absolutely nothing to do with how the votes went. Russia has horrendous problems with football hooliganism, and as for racism in football over there….. Quite possibly the worst in the world. Crap, outdated stadiums, crap road network. Vast distances between venues. Sounds like an ideal location. I wonder why they got it?

I’m not bothered that we didn’t get it. I don’t want that corrupt organisation to ever stage anything at all in England. The ConDems would have used it as a trumpet blowing tool aswell.

NZCol

Just shows FIFA is all about revenue generation and backhanders and nothing to do with sport any more.

finbar
    Free Member

Love all the football haters on here! Bell ends, go post on something you actually care about!!

I’m pretty sure there are far more people who actually “play” football than go out into the countryside riding “silly” bikes

Correct me if i’m wrong, but isn’t this a cycling forum?

sc-xc

Pointless stupid game for pointless stupid voyeurs (sorry, ‘spectators’, see also ‘fambois’) to watch overpaid thugs kick a bouncy round thing about interminably, whilst simultaneously telling the other side of the city how much they hate them in amusing simple minded music-hall ‘sing-alongs’, with a side order of mindless gang hooliganism for the more moronic of the ‘supporters’.

Watching things is not a sport.

Grow up.

It’s a chat forum. HTH

grahamh
    Free Member

It’s a chat forum

on a ‘cycling’ web site.

wheelz
    Free Member

On a more positive note, Qatar isn’t a ‘dry’ country. A lot of the hotels in Doha sell alcohol, but you’ll need a second mortgage if you want more than one night in the bar!

chewkw
    Free Member

They are all just waste of money … go away!

Football nation? My arse! Shite! WTF!

FIFA are are high on their own fart … so are many deluded people that think football is the only thing in life.

billybob
    Free Member

On a more positive note, Qatar isn’t a ‘dry’ country. A lot of the hotels in Doha sell alcohol, but you’ll need a second mortgage if you want more than one night in the bar!

So at least the players will be able to get royally wasted even if the fans can’t afford it.

luked2
    Free Member

Let me see if I’ve understood this properly.

On Monday, Panorama reports that FIFA officials have been taking bribes.

Today, Wikileaks brands Russia a “mafia state” where corruption is rife.

And today, Russia is awarded the next WC by FIFA.

coogan
    Free Member

on a ‘cycling’ web site.

Very true. But this forum is called ‘Chat’ which means as far as I’m aware, you can chat about pretty much anything. Plenty guff sprouted about other sports with lots of money involved too, but if it’s football all the usual pathetic whiners start moaning…

chewkw
    Free Member

That FIFA old man president is just full of himself …

Everybody knows all 3rd world nations are highly corrupted so you can buy them off for a vote. Yes, you maggots … vile corrupted piece of dirt.

Mafia state? Where? You don’t say … how can that be? No way. No such thing. You must be dreaming.

sc-xc

on a ‘cycling’ web site.

I would counter, but a quick glance at the topics you started makes my argument unnecessary.

but if it’s football all the usual pathetic whiners start moaning…

Well said.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

Is there are sh!ttier organisation out there than FIFA?

I’m no football fan but what a depressing state of affairs.

7hz
    Free Member

Get a sense of humour ffs.

Oh, sorry, I forgot, it’s a thread on football. Long faces and seriousness all round please…

“It’s only a game” 🙄

Hairychested
    Free Member

England:

VS.
    Russia:

sc-xc

say something funny then.

finbar
    Free Member

It’s a chat forum. HTH /

Very true. But this forum is called ‘Chat’ which means as far as I’m aware, you can chat about pretty much anything. Plenty guff sprouted about other sports with lots of money involved too, but if it’s football all the usual pathetic whiners start moaning…

I don’t object to the thread, i was just trying to make the point that football fans shouldn’t get too butthurt if everyone who posts on it isn’t crying a river we didn’t get the world cup.

kimbers

i realise now why we lost

its because of faecal freak lineker

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/mediamonkeyblog/2010/dec/01/gary-lineker-1990-dump

john_drummer
    Free Member

what cuddly Ken said: http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/leedsunited/Leeds-United-Bates-urges-breakaway.6649353.jp

he might not be a very nice man, but he’s our not very nice man 😉

MOT

Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘Russia to host world cup’ is closed to new replies.