Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 67 total)
  • Russia to host world cup
  • ChrisE
    Free Member

Fantastic, the place furthest away on the timeline, so we don’t have to watch it.

C

MrSparkle

‘kin joke.

avdave2

I guess they must have made the highest bid.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    wwaswas

I’d videoe’d the announcement to watch later and you’ve spolied it 🙁

Jamie
    Free Member

Didn’t really warrant a new thread tho did it?

Wookster

Well I blame the bbc……….. 8)

finbar
    Free Member

Ahahahaha, best news i’ve had all day.

Now if only we’d put all the money the bid cost towards a sport the UK is actually good at, like, i dunno, cycling….?

wwaswas

Victory for Big Oil and the Mafiaski then?

avdave2

And Qatar for 2022, so the oil money really has spoken.

Harry_the_Spider

Blatter can kiss goodbye to his free tickets for the Olympics.

ononeorange

Excellent. Train home won’t be cluttered up with football fans causing pointless mayhem, then.

Jamie
    Free Member

Excellent. Train home won’t be cluttered up with football fans causing pointless mayhem, then

…or, god forbid, enjoying themselves.

jon1973
    Free Member

Never mind, we’ve all got the Royal Wedding to look forward to next year. 😉

Caher

Saw a somewhat moving plea from a rapidly fading Bobby Charlton last night who asked why England had not hosted it now for so long and should host it again. Probably not now in his lifetime.

john_drummer
    Free Member

quelle surprise 👿

does anybody really expect England to ever host it again? I don’t

I mean, Qatar? That surely must be one of the hottest places on the planet, and they want to host matches that can last over 2 hours.
    I bet if England qualify for that one, they’ll end up playing at midday.

Sod ’em all, England should withdraw from FIFA and disband the national team, that’ll teach ’em

RepacK
    Free Member

Never mind, we’ve all got the Royal Wedding to look forward to next year

AAAAARRRGGGHHHHHH!!!!!….Runs screaming from the room..I had forgotten about that..

glenh
    Free Member

sweet

Coyote
    Free Member

Qatar will be great for the post match pint.

Xylene
    Free Member

ivantate
    Free Member

Olympics was a far better grab.

tails
    Free Member

Sod ’em all, England should withdraw from FIFA and disband the national team, that’ll teach ’em

Whilst this should and will not happen just cos we didn’t get the tournament.

If the major footballing nations in both footballing and economic terms, did sack off fifa then surely the others would follow. Realistically who would you need Gb nations, plus spain, italy, france, germany, holland, brazil, argentina, portugal.

iDave
    Free Member

i must have missed something. why should England have hosted the world cup in preference to any other country?

as for only johnny foreigners offering bribes, british aerospace anyone?

doctornickriviera
    Free Member

England committed bid suicide through the Media. The time to expose the corruption in FIFA would have been best done after the Announcement of the world cup venues!!

Also doesnt help when the night before the vote Mindless brummies decide to have a riot after the mickey mouse cup game. I’m sure all the other bidding states made sure the Fifa delegates saw that several times.

kimbers

as i said before we sent the wrong royal wills is useless, his uncle andy knows all about kickbacks and bribes

i wasnt that bothered about england winning it the team would only have been a dismal failure anyway

fwiw i think qatar will be excellent their bid was very impressive and should really help middle east relations

fbk
    Free Member

Good points made above – not the most thoughful thread title and did it really need a new thread given the previous one was still on the front page.

Ho hum.

Macavity
    Free Member

http://vimeo.com/17085115
    Irina Kalentieva

Stoner
    Free Member

In a statement from shadow Secretary of State for Sport Ivan Lewis, the Labour Party called for an independent root and branch inquiry into the failed bid.
    “Despite the impressive efforts of Team England, supporters will be bitterly disappointed at England’s failure to land the 2018 World Cup,” said Lewis. “This follows on from the England team’s poor performance in South Africa.
    “Serious questions have to be answered as to how we can learn lessons from these significant setbacks to build a better future.
    “The Coalition and the football authorities should now set up an independent root and branch inquiry into all aspects of how our national game is run.”

riiiight.

It was so obviously the coalition governments fault this one. This is exactly the kind of arena that partisan politics is so important.. 🙄

kimbers

It was so obviously the coalition governments fault this one. This is exactly the kind of arena that partisan politics is so important..

still 15 million well spent i think youll agree

Stoner
    Free Member

not particularly well spent at all. Clearly not nearly enough of that £15m went to the right people at FIFA!

midlifecrashes

The BBC did a good job of highlighting the rules of the game. FA should have either accepted them and stumped up a bigger bribe package than Russia, or withdrawn the bid citing foul play.

7hz
    Free Member

If I had a time machine, the first thing I’d do is go back and un-invent football.

Pointless stupid game for pointless stupid voyeurs (sorry, ‘spectators’, see also ‘fambois’) to watch overpaid thugs kick a bouncy round thing about interminably, whilst simultaneously telling the other side of the city how much they hate them in amusing simple minded music-hall ‘sing-alongs’, with a side order of mindless gang hooliganism for the more moronic of the ‘supporters’.

Watching things is not a sport.

orange
    Free Member

congrats to russia….

england didn’t get past round one… <shakes head>

so much for the 8/13 odds reported on tv earlier today, they could not have been more wrong – does that mean spain/portugal beat england in the first round? if so fifa stinks…

ps i’d of preferred going to spain/portugal to watch the world cup than anfield tbh

ratherbeintobago

Funny how there’s no money left in the public coffers to pay for a lot of things that actually have a point, but there is to pay for hosting an international sporting tournament.

I’d be for cancelling the Olympics too, if we weren’t already so committed to that.

Andy

DOI Not English.

coogan
    Free Member

Guy I work with summed it up quite well.

‘It’s just like when we actually play in the world cup, we hype ourselves up, everyone believes it and then we get knocked out early doors…’

Personally I’d have like England to get it, would have been good.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Love all the football haters on here! Bell ends, go post on something you actually care about!!

wrightyson
    Free Member

Love all the football haters on here! Bell ends, go post on something you actually care about!!

swiss01
    Free Member

russia? fair enough. you get but you pay for but qatar!!?

so, aside from its reputation as a middle eastern football powerhouse –

– it’s tiny
    – they’ll need to build all the stadiums
    – no alcohol
    – i’m presuming a dim view of, for example, brazilian female fans

oh yes, and if any of the players are gay, or the fans, they’ll probably kill them. or something suitably sharialike.

wrightyson
    Free Member

How many of our “fans” are gonna get mugged/turned over in Russia and generally locked up in Qatar?? Gonna require some serious money to watch out there!!

leggyblonde
    Free Member

I reckon the Qataris will force the thugs to behave pretty quickly!

wrightyson
    Free Member

I’ve a feeling the “thugs” will only have the one chance!! 😯

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘Russia to host world cup’ is closed to new replies.